Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow cursor in AutoCAD LT 2022

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
kellyhGKZ7R
8910 Views, 21 Replies

Slow cursor in AutoCAD LT 2022

I have both AutoCAD LT 2021 and AutoCAD LT 2022 open and running side by side.  In 2021 I have a normal cursor response.  In 2022 it is significantly slower.  So slow it is impossible to actually use the software.  Also, did the command line get locked and un-dock able all of a sudden?  

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
bas.looman
in reply to: kellyhGKZ7R

I'm having the exact same issue: LT2021 seems to work fine while LT2022 has a distinct delay in the cursor response.

So far I haven't found a fix yet.

Message 3 of 22
steven-g

I haven't noticed any 'slowness' but I do default to 2021 normally. As for your commandline check the 'lockui' variable according to the help file it defaults as '0' (that's a zero) but I did find in 2022 that my lockui was set to 15 which locks everything down so it might have changed default, although it could well have been me that did it for some reason and forget about it. It is a registry setting so changing it is global. Or there is an icon in the lower right of your program window (if it is enabled) that toggles lockui on/off.

lockui.jpg

Message 4 of 22
pendean

... also: LT2022 also runs under newer DirectX12, LT2021 runs the older DirectX11, so both of your video cards/drivers may be choking in the newer software @kellyhGKZ7R @bas.looman
Message 5 of 22
bas.looman
in reply to: pendean

The computer is completely up to date, including all updates from Autodesk, Windows and the Nvidia drivers.

Message 6 of 22
pendean
in reply to: bas.looman

Updated video card drivers mean nothing if LT2022 cannot use it fully as is evident by your experiences. You might be able to knock LT2022 down to use DX11 and is worth testing.
Note: there is an update for 2022 that is supposed to address a few issues, get it installed and see if that helps at all.
Message 7 of 22
justin

Hi guys, i am having the same slow cursor issues, any updates on this one?

Message 8 of 22
pendean
in reply to: justin

@Anonymous Read all the posts above you for things to try.
Message 9 of 22
bohodges

I was having the exact same problem. I tried updating my Nvidia driver to the most current version but no go.

Turning Hardware acceleration fixed it for me. Enter "GRAPHICSCONFIG" at the command line. When the Graphics Performance dialog box appears, select "Off" next to "Hardware acceleration" and then click "Ok" at the bottom. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 10 of 22
kellyhGKZ7R
in reply to: bohodges

Nailed It. Much Thanks.
Message 11 of 22

GFXDX12 set it to 0

Justin Doughty
Cadline Ltd.
Blog | Twitter
Message 12 of 22

awesome man!! it works.

Message 13 of 22
bohodges
in reply to: Justin_Doughty

Excellent. Works better than turning off Hardware Acceleration. Thanks.

Message 14 of 22
info

@Justin.Doughty wrote:

GFXDX12 set it to 0

Thank you for that! I was having the same issue as well, but people in the forums of my native language could only recommend turning off the hardware acceleration as well. Your solution works just as well, without having to give up on the enhanced graphics of the acceleration. Cheers!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous

it worked!!! thank you so much

Message 16 of 22
jbloom
in reply to: Justin_Doughty

We just upgraded to AutoCAD Map 3D 2022 and were having the same problem - this fixed it! Thank you!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous

Thanks!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous

Fixed for me

Message 19 of 22
krkec

I did the same, but when you have to move more complex object (hatch ecc) then you face complete system slow down, jumpy cursor, screen flickering. Simillar as you run out of memmory. So no complete solution.

Message 20 of 22
pendean
in reply to: krkec

@krkec wrote:

... but when you have to move more complex object (hatch ecc) then you face complete system slow down, jumpy cursor, screen flickering...

Looks like your system is choking under AutoCAD. Are you using AutoCAD 2022? If yes...

Have you installed the 2022.1.2 Update yet? ABOUT command will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD/LT2022: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables: if still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

Also read this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/2011-H...

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report