Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Line Text & Russian / Cyrillic Characters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PafecDOGS
540 Views, 3 Replies

Single Line Text & Russian / Cyrillic Characters

Hi, I am creating a label in AutoCAD LT 2018, which features text in three languages, English, Kazak and Russian. I have a PDF version of an example label which i can copy'n'paste the various language text into AutoCAD Single Text Lines, but one or two of the same characters don't seem to come through. In the below example, the top bit is the PDF and the bottom AutoCAD, and you can see the bottom line has some characters shown as a kind of thin squashed on-end rectangle. If i hit the text and look at the "contents" in the properties window, it shows the right characters. If i convert the single line text to multi-line that also shows the right characters, but i didnt really want to use Multi-line. Anyone know how make the characters show in single line plz?

PafecDOGS_0-1614690241317.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: PafecDOGS

What font styles are you using? Are they different for MTEXT and TEXT?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
PafecDOGS

Hi, no, they both use same text style, which is Arial Narrow, i've been copying and pasting the text from the PDF without formatting as well

Message 4 of 4
PafecDOGS

Actually, you just made me think to look at those missing characters when i converted to Multiline and see what it says in the text editor, and i discovered that the missing characters in single line become Arial font in multi-line, whilst the others that are OK stay as Arial Narrow, So i tried a new text style using Arial font, and the characters appear in single line OK. Maybe i'll use a text style Arial with a reduced character width to simulate the Narrow ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report