Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling up drawings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
587 Views, 6 Replies

Scaling up drawings

Hello,

There is an icon you can add to your screen to help scale up drawings.

I forget how to do it.

Can some one assist?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

If you start HELP in AutoCAD/LT, look up SCALE COMMAND the description page shows you what the icon looks like nd if you click on the FIND link next to the image it will point right to it. 

Capture.PNG 

OR you could just type SCALE, hit <enter> key on your keyboard and move on with your day.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I sometimes use the "ALIGN" command when its tricky to find the exact scalefactor, for example furnitures, bathrooms, plants or similar.

I draw a LINE that has the preferred length, then "ALIGN" the object(s) that is to be scaled to the LINE.

Hope this will add something to your day and make it a nicer one!

Regards

Martin

Message 4 of 7
georgehobel

I think his question is in reference to scaling whole drawings, not just elements in a drawing.  Maybe the question is how to scale a viewport on a sheet. 

George Hobel
Reflections of Charlotte
Residential Building and Design
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: georgehobel

You are probably right. This question is something I have been struggling with too, sometimes.

An example could be if I have a plan in 1:500 and want to draw something in the correct scale according without any measure, how do I calibrate the whole drawing for instance into 1:1 without marking every object by hand? One of my current projects is just this, I solved it with measure on a building i knew in the plan and calculated the correct factor, but it has to be a better/simpler solution.

Regards

Martin H

Message 6 of 7
steven-g

Thats why it is always recomended to draw everything full size and not to scale, scale should only ever be something to think about in a layout when it comes to plotting and never when you are drawing in model space, but if you are unfortunate enough to receive drawings created that way or having realised later that full size is always much easier, then resizing drawings using the longest known reference size is the way to do it.

Message 7 of 7
gotphish001

As Steven said always draw 1:1. To make a drawing 1:1 you can use the scale command with reference option. If you know the dimension of something, let's say you know a wall is 15' long in real life but in your drawing it's 3'. Draw a line starting at one end point of that wall that goes along the wall but is 15' long. Select the entire drawing. Start scale command, pick the base point as the start point of the wall and the line, next pick reference option in the command. Pick the start and end point of the wall. You then drag the end point of the wall to the end of your 15' line. Enter. Now your wall is 15' long and the rest of your model matches. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators