Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording in AutoCAD

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nikkilawsonPLKEN
430 Views, 6 Replies

Recording in AutoCAD

Hi all,

I hope you are doing well!

I am unsure if this has already been covered in these forums before and I apologise if it has.

I am currently running AutoCAD LT 2024 and have been to these Forums numerous times for assistance with various issues. Certain people have responded to my queries with VERY helpful recordings which display key presses, commands, etc. I have tried to search Google for a solution to this, but the results came up with nothing! Would somebody be able to give me a quick explanation on how these recordings are performed, please? (if this is even possible with LT)

Thank you in advance for your assistance, it is very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Nik.

Labels (5)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: nikkilawsonPLKEN

Hi,

[F2] opens the Textlog, that's it.

Your commandline inputs.

Also: LOGFILEON LOGFILEPATH .. [F1]

Or looking for the Macro Recorder? In LT you don't have access to the Macro recorder.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
nikkilawsonPLKEN
in reply to: cadffm

Hi Cadffm,

Thank you for your reply.

I am unsure exactly what it is. I assumed it would be some kind of external software and just wondered if somebody would point me in the right direction.

The responses I received previously were video recordings, with keystrokes, etc annotated on screen. They were very informative and I would like to be able to create some for my colleagues.

I wasn't 100% certain if this was performed with external software, or if it was an innate AutoCAD feature.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

@nikkilawsonPLKEN wrote:

...The responses I received previously were video recordings, with keystrokes, etc annotated on screen. They were very informative and I would like to be able to create some for my colleagues.

I wasn't 100% certain if this was performed with external software, or if it was an innate AutoCAD feature.

That was a free recorder from Autodesk that has since been discontinued and no longer exists. You're about a year too late.

Today you'll want to find a 3rd part tool hat can get there, not much does all of that, and be prepared to pay for some features

https://www.google.com/search?q=alternatives+to+autodesk+screencast+recorder   

Message 5 of 7
nikkilawsonPLKEN
in reply to: pendean

A year too late?!?! AutoDesk, why! 😅

Thank you for the assistance here Pendean, very much appreciated! I am already familiar with OBS, but for much different purposes. Maybe I can find a suitable Plugin which will record Keystrokes, etc. It is an almighty shame that AutoDesk discontinued this software as it is very useful, especially for these forums where people come for assistance. I can think of no better way to provide an informative response that witnessing the solution performed in front of you.

I wonder if anybody would have uploaded the software somewhere else 🤔 Then again, in it's discontinued state, it probably isn't compatible with the current version of AutoCAD.

Edit:

Autodesk will cease supporting the Screencast product on January 31, 2023. We’re inspired by the community that has rallied around Screencast and the shared discoveries Screencast has evoked.

Wow, you weren't kidding! I am EXACTLY a year too late!

Message 6 of 7
pendean

@nikkilawsonPLKEN wrote:

...I wonder if anybody would have uploaded the software somewhere else 🤔 Then again, in it's discontinued state, it probably isn't compatible with the current version of AutoCAD.

SCREENCAST saved videos to the Autodesk Servers, they may no longer be online. You'll need to figure out hosting your created content moving forward.

And LT by design has been restricted from having 3rd part add-ins/add-ons/plugins, so that's a no go option either.

Read this FAQ from Autodesk on the topic

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/10hF1W1B7DbOM0iqAexjN5.html 

Message 7 of 7
nikkilawsonPLKEN
in reply to: pendean

I see... That is a shame indeed! Thank you again for the information. I shall search for a suitable alternative, provided one exists. Expense shouldn't be an issue, provided I can justify the purchase and demonstrate benefits to the company.

I still don't understand why AutoDesk would discontinue software as useful as this! I guess expense... But to provide excellent support to their users would surely be enough incentive to continue its development.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators