Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on maintaining printed text size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
368 Views, 2 Replies

Question on maintaining printed text size

Just as a background on what I do...I do surveys on major traffic crash scenes then create diagrams, do a reconstruction, etc.

I have to print multiple views (usually an overall scene view plus 3 or 4 zoomed in views).  I have different pieces of evidence (tire marks, scrapes, gouges, etc.) labeled with text.  Obviously, when I zoom in, the text gets much larger.  I prefer to use the "Fit to paper" selection under the plot scale so that each diagram fills up the paper regardless of scale.

I have tried playing with Annotative Text, but it seems like I have to use a preset scale and can't use the "Fit to paper" option.  This isn't always doable depending on what I am trying to zoom in on.

Ideally, I'd like to set certain text so that it prints the same size on the paper regardless of what view I print.  This would also save a ton of time for printing my title block.

Is this possible to do?  What I have been doing is just making different layers with different text sizes for each view that I print.  It works but it takes a lot of time.  It is hard to get the size of the title blocks consistent across each view as well.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

One idea... If you use paperspace, and your 'views' are viewports into the modelspace content, who about the option of adding your text items in paperspace above the viewports?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply Dean.

I'm very new to AutoCAD, so I'm just learning about paperspace vs. modelspace.  It has been over 10 years since I have used it...the program I had been using didn't have paperspace (at least that I'm aware of).

I need to learn a little more about how paperspace works but that sounds like a good option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators