Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Information Error/Warning Message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
777 Views, 2 Replies

Proxy Information Error/Warning Message

At my office we are currently running AutoCAD LT 2000,2007, & 2008. My boss, who is running 2000, experiences a problem creating blocks and copying to the clipboard when working on a file that was created with a newer version of AutoCAD LT. He's come to notice that on every drawing that he can not use the copy to clipboard command or the block command, the "Proxy Information" box (attached is a print screen on the box) appears while the drawing is opening. I've been researching proxy objects and the only fix i can find pertains to AutoCAD 98-99.
If anyone knows of a fix or phrases to research please let me know. I'm researching the following: proxy objects, proxy information, associative objects, associative dimensions.

Again we're running AutoCAD LT 2000, 2007, 2008 and the error occurs with 2000.
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

well the proxies are newfangled features you may or then again may not have used in 2007/2008 but which nevertheless are saved with the dwg-file. IF you know that you don't use anything new in 2007/2008, try removing thel layout-tabs in 2000 and saving. This I know from experience has helped in some similar cases as yours. Just make sure that there's no absolutely critical stuff in the layouts!

/Petri
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

or better yet, lose lt2000/r2000 altogether, it's three versions back
and will only get worse with problems: deleting layouts is hardly a
true solution, is it.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report