Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program launches then freezes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
411 Views, 7 Replies

Program launches then freezes

This just started yesterday. The program launches, asks to authenticate the user. We sign in, the program then opens and promptly freezes. Can't click on anything. Have to kill is using task manager. Not sure where to begin. Tried calling support, but they won't call back till tomorrow.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the exact error message please?

Your program and year version are...?
Your Windows OS is...?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

There is no error message. The interface loads, then just freezes up. You can't click on anything, although you can see everything. The app is basically hung. I have to close it using the task manager.

It's AutoCAD LT 2019 and it's installed on a remote server. So users are accessing it via an RDP session. It worked fine until two days ago.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

That sounds like your RDP/remote access credentials or access speeds are the issue: what changes two days ago, are you at a different remote location, using a different service, or was the firewall at the server updated?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

you probably won’t get help from Autodesk anyway 

how your running lt is a violation of the license agreement 

if they caught you doing this they can get license compliancy on you & your company can be fined

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

does it launch if your directly on ther server? not through rdp

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Help Desk called me back. It turned out that the Auto Desk Application was set to startup when everyone logged into the virtual server. That caused it to be open a ton of times for each profile logging in to the RDP server. This was crashing the app. I turned off that service at startup so it only launches when my one user loads the app. So far this has fixed everything.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

We are trying to do everything legit. The support help understood our situation, looked at our licensing and we are where we need to be. One license, one person using it. It just happened to be installed on a RDP server with lots of users logging in. The startup service cause the AutoDesk Desktop app to open for each login, not just the one user using it. We fixed that and it is working fine. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators