Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Table Styles

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
stephenP66RM
1982 Views, 6 Replies

Problems with Table Styles

Hi,

AutoCAD Lt 2011 user on Windows 7 Professional

I was having problems with cells within tables reverting to the standard style randomly, and locking the table format didn't work, so I looked up the problem. It appeared that I needed to create a new table style. So I got a table to just how I wanted it, and followed the instructions on this page: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Au...

After following those instructions, I selected New Table, and from the drop down box there were only 4 table styles in there, none of them was the table I created.  I only got Frame, Standard, Title Block and Tolerance. I suspect that three of them were ones created some years ago, before I joined the company.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: stephenP66RM

Did you create the table style in a template?

Have you saved that template?

Have you started a new file based on that template or on an old template?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
stephenP66RM
in reply to: hwalker

I don't think I did any of those things.  I had a table open within an existing drawing, followed the instructions to create a new table style, and then tried to create a new table within the same drawing.  

My ultimate goal is to create a new template with a number of handy blocks, geometry, text and tables that designers can move into position and modify accordingly.  The drawing I was working on, once I am satisfied, would be saved as a .dwt file.

Message 4 of 7
hwalker

Did you just modify the existing table? That will not work

At the command line type TABLE. When the dialog box pops up at the top left corner is an "Excel" type icon with a paintbrush on it. Click on that. Then choose NEW and start creating your table from there.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 7
stephenP66RM

So how should I create a new table style?  I had hoped that the "Create new style from existing table" would have worked.  I'd rather create a new table with the correct style from the outset than create a new table using standard format and change the format of each cell in turn, which is what I think you're saying.

Message 6 of 7
hwalker

Please see the attached screencast. There are 3 different types of cell in a table DATA, HEADER and TITLE. You'll see in the video

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 7
stephenP66RM

Sorry for the long time in responding, but my work load took me elsewhere. I think I have the gist of it now; your instructions certainly helped. I dare say I will have more to ask about tables in the future, but for now at least I have what I need.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators