Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: PDF print generates strange lines over hatch objects (ACAD 2012 LT)

77 REPLIES 77
SOLVED
Message 1 of 78
Anonymous
152482 Views, 77 Replies

Problem: PDF print generates strange lines over hatch objects (ACAD 2012 LT)

I have created a logo which is included in all our drawings. The text part of the logo has been created by exploding a text object and hattched the remaining polylines. In in the model view all looks fine but when I print the drawing to PDF some gray lines appear over the text. If I plot the PDF to paper everything looks good, it is only the electronic versions that suffers from this problem. I need the electronic versions to hand out to our costumers so paper is not an option here and the print must look professional.

I have tried the following pdf generators, all with the same result:

Adobe

Autodesks built in DWG to PDF

Bullzip

Cute

I have viewer the result in both Adobe Acrobat 10 and Foxit reader. Both show similar problems. I can not find any solution to this problem. Can anybody help me out here?

I have attached two screenshots. One from the printed PDF and one from autocad model space.

77 REPLIES 77
Message 61 of 78
m75
Community Visitor
in reply to: marekhrycyna

You are my favorite madafckr! I straggled with this for years XD
Message 62 of 78
Hammer.john.j
in reply to: Anonymous

2020 and still a problem with autocad that began when cad was a command prompt only program.  maybe in another 20yrs they will make an appropriate  PDF driver in cooperation with Adobe but don't hold your breath.  Cadzation makes better pdf's anyways, if only it'd be a direct option in the sheet set manager publish to pdf so we could abandon this cheap half baked pdf maker that autodesk offers.

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager
Message 63 of 78
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

That worked!!!!!!!!!

You are the man!

Message 64 of 78
Anonymous

I changed the pdf options to not smooth the line art and I thought it fixed my problem, but it did not. 

My solution was to put a hatch over a hatch. Solid hatch behind a lined hatch at a 90 degree angle. My thought was that if it makes hatches in triangles lets just add more triangles... worked for me.

Message 65 of 78
twsmith

Yes it worked for me too 😉 (in 2016) - message 32

Message 66 of 78
Greg-Steele
in reply to: pendean

I have a similar problem. PDFs that are xrefed into Civil 3d, the shading/solids/hatching show up as lines when plotting to pdf only sometimes. I'm using Foxit Reader. These lines do not show up in Civil 3D plot preview.

Message 67 of 78
pendean
in reply to: Greg-Steele

Only lines I see in your hatches are ones you've drawn, in Foxit too

pendean_0-1652475928153.png

Message 68 of 78
Greg-Steele

Thanks for responding. You don't see the lines criss/crossing over the shading in the pavement area left of Station 103+00 and across the boxes with text in it? I did not draw those lines. 

Thank you

Message 69 of 78
pendean

@Greg-Steele Those were not deliberate? You'll need to share your original source-file for others to test then, just not this is NOT the C3D forum so no one here is going to be testing in that software.
Message 70 of 78
nick.brazier

Thanks for your help but I cant see PREFERENCES under EDIT in Acrobat ????

Message 71 of 78
hwalker

@nick.brazier See the image below or hold down CTRL+K

hwalker_0-1708693072587.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 72 of 78
Greg-Steele

I'm using Foxit not Adobe Acrobat but thanks for trying.

Message 73 of 78
pendean

@Greg-Steele wrote:

I'm using Foxit not Adobe Acrobat but thanks for trying.

Is HELP broken in that FOXIT program? Probably not

pendean_0-1708698595860.png

Message 74 of 78
Hammer.john.j

a lot of us have Civil 3d, and can test it. it's not a civil 3d problem is the adobe.pc3 which is at best not good. the deconstructed the cadzation driver in the early 2000's before autodesk could make pdf's but bluebeam and cadzation (acroplot) did! believe it or not, bluebeam started out as a cad to pdf solution not anything of what it is today. now ironically it's just a plug-in for review.
John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager
Message 75 of 78
Greg-Steele

The lines are not in the pdf until its xrefed into CAD

Message 76 of 78
hwalker

At the command line type GFXDX12 and change the value to 0, is that better?

See the explanation for the variable in the link below

How to use a previous DirectX version in AutoCAD Products (autodesk.com)

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 77 of 78
Greg-Steele

GFXDX12 is not a command in CIVIL 3D 2022. And btw the lines only show when you plot to a pdf. They are not visible in CAD itself.

Message 78 of 78
pendean
in reply to: Hammer.john.j

@Hammer.john.j wrote:
.. problem is the adobe.pc3 which is at best not good...

That is a PC3 file unique to each user more often than not, created by a migration from an older AutoCAD year version, or a 3rd party add-on.

Never EVER use it if you start seeing issues with it. AutoCAD and C3D only come bundled with these choices from Autodesk

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-EC9C6D47-814E-476D-840F-04104CF72B78#:~:text=... 

pendean_0-1708706225936.png

Or create a "fresh" PC3 file like this

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-add-a-new-A...

Bluebeam is a great product, but not everyone wants to buy into it. If it works for you, that's great. it is sadly not a solution to anyone else that does not have it or wish to purchase it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators