Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Viewport Contents as black

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ACGD
320 Views, 2 Replies

Plotting Viewport Contents as black

Good afternoon,

In the example image below, I have assigned layers to different object with different colors for the layout. I modeled the floor layout w/o symbols and arrows in model space. The contents in view port I created in the layout tab was what I wanted to plot all in black. The symbols and "EXIT" wording I added separately in the layout tab. 

My intention is to keep the color scheme of the arrows, symbols and table. I want to plot the contents within the view port as all black. I tried using monochrome on the pen assignment but it makes everything black and the same works with the none option. 

How would I be able to plot the viewport contents in all black and the have everything else in the colors I assigned with the layers. Thank you for your time and help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
freddcad425
in reply to: ACGD

Use whatever ctb file you have, not monochrome. While in the layout tab, click inside the viewport and go to your layer properties. From there you can set your viewport colors (VP COLOR) of those layers to whatever color you want it to print out (depending on what your ctb file dictates)

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ACGD

Greetings @ACGD
There is no automatic or preset "plot this viewport only like this or that" option in AutoCAD: but with a small effort you can get what you want with some advanced planning.

For example: if you assigned your colors using LAYER settings, but not as object overrides, then while inside your viewport you can start LAYER command then in the VPCOLOR column assign all the layers to color 7. Your wish will just appear on screen.

Now you can PLOT your layout with NONE for a plot style table (assuming all the colors and black outside of your viewport are what you intend to use).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators