Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSNAPZ

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JulieDJREP
192 Views, 7 Replies

OSNAPZ

Good afternoon! 

I am currently using CAD LT 2024 and am having the same issue with SPlines as one would get if the OSNAPZ variable was set to 1. Unfortunately LT doesn't have a 'Z' axis (from what I can find anyway) so there is no such variable. But I'm still getting wildly exaggerated SPline endings. It seems to be getting worse as the week goes on, so without the option of setting my 'Z' snap to 0, what can I do to stop it?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: JulieDJREP

Post an affected drawing so we can have a look at it

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
pendean

@JulieDJREP wrote:

...Unfortunately LT doesn't have a 'Z' axis..

Yes it does, , always has, LT is still AutoCAD after all, it just does not have a tool like ONSAPZ.

pendean_0-1720703815089.png

Why not INSERT your problem single DWG file into one of your works-just-fine template files, explode it, and see if you can actually observe what else this problem file has for quirks. My guess is going to be UCS and PLAN commands are both not set to WORLD

Message 4 of 8
JulieDJREP

How do I unsolve something? 

So the problem is persisting regardless! I have changed the UCS and plan to 'world' which seems to make no difference.

Interestingly, if I open the drawing in CAD2013 and check the OSNAPZ value, it is '0' and I don't get the problem, but it's still happening at random times in back LT 2024

I can't upload an affected drawing as I work on sensitive layouts, and if I start a new drawing, there's no guarantee it'll have the issue, as it doesn't happen on all drawings, and doesn't always happen within the same drawing

I'm lost, any other ideas? 

Message 5 of 8
hwalker

Can you upload part of the drawing without the sensitive stuff in it. If we cannot see the drawing, all we can do is make suggestions, which you say you have tried but don't seem to work.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 8
tramber

With no OSNAPZ, use .Z filters before each click, you can even make a button with even if it is not practicle 

.z;0,0,0;

For example.

before a lisp.

As I click in 2D for some 3D, I always know what I click by monitoring this 

tramber_0-1720778390954.png

A lot of people don't even show that necessary box.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

@JulieDJREP wrote:

....I can't upload an affected drawing as I work on sensitive layouts.... any other ideas? 

Here are ways to open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/manage/use/support#:~:text=com/plans.-,Contact%20support,-S...

Message 8 of 8
cadffm

"Interestingly, if I open the drawing in CAD2013 and check the OSNAPZ value"

Not much interestingly, because it is not stored in a drawing and not stored in your profile or program.

See help[F1]

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators