Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object transparency not correct

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
matarison
1920 Views, 11 Replies

Object transparency not correct

Something seems to have suddenly gone wrong with printing transparency on AutoCAD LT 2021. All transparency should be set to 0 but solid hatching is coming out transparent when printing out to PDF. Previews are showing correct. Please see the 2 attachments. If I print from AutoCAD LT 2020 everything is fine. I think this might be a glitch with the software? Can anyone help? Thanks.

remCAD
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
steven-g
in reply to: matarison

Can you post the dwg file so we can check the settings? Do you have the latest update for 2021 installed 2021.1 (type 'about' to see your version)?

Message 3 of 12
matarison
in reply to: steven-g

Hello Steven,
Thanks for replying so quickly. DWG file is attached, but I think this
has occurred on all files at the same time, about a week ago, so I don't
think it's a setting in the DWG file. It's also fine if I print from
AC2020. I've also attached the PDF file generated from this DWG. Not
everything is completely transparent, which is odd. Most of the objects
are blocks which I have been using for 2 or 3 years without problem.
My version is R.47.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2021
remCAD
Message 4 of 12
steven-g

Nothing attached this time?? You need to update to 2021.1 click on your login image when logged into this site and select 'product updates'. And which PDF driver are you plotting to? DWG to PDF or something else.

Message 5 of 12
matarison
in reply to: steven-g

Steven,

I replied to the email so the attachments didn't go with it. I've attached again within the forum so should be ok now. I've updated to 2021.1 but it's still the same. I use the standard "AutoCAD PDF (general documentation).pc3". This has only started happening in the last week or so, so I think it's either a bug or I have inadvertently changed a setting, although as the preview looks correct I can't think what could be wrong.

remCAD
Message 6 of 12
cadffm

Why are talking about transparency?

I can not see any transparency problem in your files..

but there is a PRINT-DRAWORDER problem, which shouldn't here.

I don't know what is wrong on your side (Your dwg works well for me wie LT2021.1 and other programs).

The only thing i thin what is differently between our datas: You have the attached image files and we don't have them.

Just a stupid test: Send your images - so we can test it again.

And on your side: _detach the image reference and try to plot again.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
matarison
in reply to: cadffm

Maybe that drawing is a little confusing. I've created a brand new drawing from my template without any attached image files. Transparency on layers is set to 0; "plot transparency" on plot dialogue is 0. If you look at the PDF file attached, you'll see that the blue rectangle is coming out transparent, i.e. you can see the yellow rectangle through it. If I use AC 2020 it converts to PDF fine. Up until a few weeks ago it also converted to PDF fine with AC 2021. If you convert my DWG to PDF (using AutoCAD PDF in the plot dialogue) is the blue rectangle solid, i.e. you cannot see the edge of the yellow rectangle?

remCAD
Message 8 of 12
pendean

What transparency issue? You just have a draworder problem but its hard to judge for sure since you only shared part of the content that are supposed to be in your files 

pendean_0-1615986256981.png

Do you need help using draworder command? Be careful how you use it, you have so many overlapping objects (see when I select the bright green band below) in your file you can easily mess up again.

pendean_1-1615986487023.png

And for pete's sake, lock your viewports 😉

Message 9 of 12
cadffm

>>"Maybe that drawing is a little confusing."

This sample is clear: You edited the printer configuration file

Start PLOT command select the Plotter (already done) [Properties]

- Graphics

and the second node : There is the "issue"

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
matarison
in reply to: cadffm

That's it! I've got "merge control" set to merge but it should be set to overwrite. It's a bit confusing because the print preview always looks correct but it isn't wrong until I actually create the PDF. I had problems batch plotting recently & made changes to try to rectify that & I must have accidentally changed it then.

Thanks!!!

remCAD
Message 11 of 12
matarison
in reply to: pendean

These drawings are for a client (I'm a freelance CAD draughtsman) & I'm using their templates & CAD blocks, which use a lot of colours & fills, which I don't like generally but have no choice in this case. Draworder is correct. It's a bit of a pain getting it right on these but it needs to be like this so I can move the blocks around without messing up the solid hatches. The problem turns out to be within the plot dialogue, PROPERTIES; GRAPHICS; MERGE CONTROL. I had accidently changed this to "lines merge" rather than "lines overwrite". It's a bit confusing because the print preview looks fine.

Thanks for your help.

And I will NEVER lock the viewports!!!

remCAD
Message 12 of 12
cadffm

Never leave layouts while in mspace and locking viewports after you set the right view

are two really good rules 😎

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators