Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No entry sign

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
LeePFS
2639 Views, 8 Replies

No entry sign

Hi

When I point my cursor over any tab or try to select anything outside of model or paper space i can select what I want to but my cursor changes from a cross hair to a red "No Entry Sign" which is really annoying, any ideas how to get it back to a normal looking cross hair or is Auto CAD trying to tell me something??

I have tried cursor badge and cursor type but nothing changes?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: LeePFS

So you can't select anything in the Ribbon, or on a palette or in another application?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
steven-g

the cursor is controlled by your operating system (Windows) and when it isn't over the drawing area is normally a selection arrow, not a crosshair, when over the ribbon or menu or tabs your cursor should look exactly the same as it does in every other Windows program. Do you have some special mouse software running in the background or some other program that operates your mouse?

Message 4 of 9
LeePFS
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for helping out.

Yes, you are correct, when I am moving around my drawing I am using an arrow, but as soon as I move over the tabs or draw, modify, layers etc my white arrow changes to a round red No entry sign?! It still functions the same its just bloody annoying!

Message 5 of 9
LeePFS

And sorry I didn't confirm about my mouse, I am using a Logitech MX Master 2X, which I have been for a couple of years.

Message 6 of 9
steven-g

Sounds like you have been playing with system settings and got lost. In the AutoCAD drawing area you should be seeing the crosshairs, if you are seeing the Windows arrow then you possibly still have 'cursortype=1'.

As for the 'no entry' sign, it might be helpful to post a screen-shot of your entire program window to see if we can spot anything unusual (more unusual than the no-entry cursor)

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Restart your computer 🙂
Message 8 of 9
LeePFS

I did a full shut down and restart and he cleared the no entry sign, when I was looking into it I did find a couple of other people have experienced the same thing, so I am not going mad!!

Message 9 of 9
baycitymech543

did you ever find a solution for the no entry sign?  We have 4 people in our department and 3 of us constantly have this issue with the cursor changing to a no entry sign a couple times a day. The only way to fix it is to shut down Autocad and restart it. But that is not a fix for the problem if it keeps happening over and over again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report