Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTILEADER TEXT ONLY OPENS QUICKPROP IN MODEL SPACE ONLY.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jason.carlin
415 Views, 4 Replies

MULTILEADER TEXT ONLY OPENS QUICKPROP IN MODEL SPACE ONLY.

The other day my machine was working fine. all of a sudden my system started acting up and now i can only double click on multileader text and have it show me the quick properties window. I have looked up a fix for this in the CUI settings for double click Mleader and changed it to text edit from quick properties, however all the other stations in my work place all state quick properties under the Mleader double click action. I did notice that if i try to change the text through my viewports in paper space i can double click on the text and the textedit comes up, but if i try in model space it just wont work.

Also if i start a new drawing file the Mleader text works fine.

if anyone has any thoughts please list them for me as i have trawled through the CUI options and many more and i can't seem to find if any settings have changed.

Thanks

JC.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jason.carlin

Never seen that before: can you share your DWG file with this problem that is not present in any other DWG file?

Also... did you turn off QPMODE yet? Usage is explained in HELP.
Message 3 of 5
jason.carlin

QP mode was never on but i did turn it on and off to make sure. i just find it weird that it will allow me to change the text in paper space but not in model space in this file only. all other newly created files work fine. i have also tried purging the file just to be sure no nasties in the background.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

your file was created in AutoCAD Advanced Steel: do you know if they did a "export to autocad" before sending you this file?

your MLEADERS, not MTEXT, are listing as ProxyObjects and QP is the default action as defined in CUI for double-clicking them.

You can change the behavior of the double-click for Proxy Objects in CUI command if you want in the interim.

HTH
Message 5 of 5
jason.carlin
in reply to: pendean

In the mean time i just copied all information into a new Acad LT file and it has sorted it out. I also use Advanced steel and i didn't realise it changed the leaders settings i must have opened it and saved it at some point in AS. thanks for the advise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators