Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MText Default settings and Variables?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
5199 Views, 11 Replies

MText Default settings and Variables?

What happened to variables with MText settings? I think about how many variables there are for dimensions and I have to wonder WHY are there none for MText? I would love to be able to set my default justification, whether my background mask is on by default etc etc.

Insights and knowledge appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

There is no system variable to set the default justification. But the justification can be changed all at once using the JUSTIFYTEXT (express tool)which is can be seen in the Full version of AutoCAD and not LT. Your requirements can be met with lisp, but again LT does not support lisp as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 12
pendean

Subscribe to full AutoCAD (4x the cost of LT subscription), then you can have the programming languages needed to do all that you seek without pop-ups or right-click menus.

In the meantime.... use TOOLPALETTEs to drop what you consider a vital set MTEXT to one of your own palettes, then drag and drop when you need it.

HTH
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Using the "setvar" command does not require programming languages or pop
ups or right click menus or an exorbitant subscription price.

Using the setvar command, you would make the appropriate settings in your
template file and your end users will become more productive and your
drawings will become more consistent. That's what the "automated" part of
Computer Automated Drafting is supposed to do.
Message 5 of 12
pendean

No one here is Autodesk. If you just want to rant, please do so here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

If you'd like to get back to work, reread the second portion of my first reply. post back if you need more guidance.
Message 6 of 12
steven-g

There have never been variables available for those settings. AutoCAD LT is a general-purpose program using settings designed to accommodate most users, if those settings don't work for you then try another program, or learn to work with what you have, or create your own macro's that use the justification that you want and put that in the ribbon, unfortunately background remains a manual setting only.

Message 7 of 12
cascadepowdercoating

@Anonymouswrote: "...That's what the "automated" part of
Computer Automated Drafting is supposed to do."

CAD stands for "Computer Aided Design". Until we get some good robot help, it's not exactly automated.

Message 8 of 12
scottMHX4E

This would be great, but what's the variable for MTEXT justification center-center?
Message 9 of 12
steven-g
in reply to: scottMHX4E

Re-read the second post. There is NO variable for text justification.

Message 10 of 12
scottMHX4E
in reply to: steven-g

I think you're right. There is TEXTALIGNMODE which I've set but doesn't
seem to work for MTEXT...
Message 11 of 12
steven-g
in reply to: scottMHX4E

You could look at creating a macro using the -mtext command which will then allow you to set the justification within the macro. Or maybe several macro's to call up mtext with different settings as required.

Message 12 of 12
Joel_Valencia-Capital

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report