Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext background mask

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chasbo4
264 Views, 5 Replies

Mtext background mask

The Mtext background mask color does not seem to respond to the screening value that is assigned to that color in the plot style table. How can the Mtext background mask color be screened?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: chasbo4

Unfortunately it can't be screened, it has to be a solid colour. You could cheat by putting a box around your mtext that hatching the box with the dot pattern

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
handjonathan

Hi @chasbo4 
Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @hwalker helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 4 of 6
chasbo4
in reply to: handjonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Here's the response I sent to hwalker:

"Thanks for the response.  I thought of the same thing using a solid hatch pattern that I can screen, but with about 150 locations where I need to do this, it may not be practical.

As an alternative I’m playing with using a lighter true color for the mask instead of one of the AutoCad standard Index colors…your thoughts?"

Message 5 of 6
hwalker

@chasbo4 

A lighter true colour will still be a solid colour.

Can you post the settings for your plot style just for that colour

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 6
chasbo4
in reply to: hwalker

Hi hwalker,

I used true color 179,236,255. It seems to do what I was looking for.

I still don't understand why I couldn't use a standard color, since, by definition, the background mask is supposed to put "an opaque background behind the text".

Thanks for your interest.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators