Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move or stretch command not moving with mouse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bcastaldo
638 Views, 2 Replies

Move or stretch command not moving with mouse

I've been using AutoCAD 2016 with zero issues. We only do 2D and wanted to "upgrade" to the LT. I have one problem and I can't find a setting that will make this work correctly. When I want to stretch a line or polyline (or anything) the line will move in grid style instead of following the mouse. It's almost as if the grid or snap is on. To be CLEAR NONE OF THOSE ARE ON. I'm familiar with the F9 and the others. It will also highlight blue when it's enabled. It is all turned off. Meanwhile I can do the exact same line in 2016 and move it around and it flows and follows the mouse perfectly. I move back to LT and it's choppy almost. Other commands work fine but when I'm doing electrical and other things I need to know where those items I'm trying to move or stretch are going to end up. Instead it will dance around. I'm happy to even give a video if I need to better explain. I feel like I have tried everything. I'm guessing the powers at be want us to stay on 2016. 
Also, it's worth noting that when I draft in 2016 its all good. If I take a file from LT and put it into my 2016 it does the same thing... But if I move back to one that originated in 2016 then it's fine... Weird I know. 
PS: Hardware acceleration is on.. I've also tried to mirror all my settings from 2016 to the LT to no avail. I'm sure it's some stupid setting. 

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: bcastaldo

If the problem is in these files, then please post a .dwg here so we can see what is happening in the file. A video showing us what happens would be good as well so we can try and reproduce the issue.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: bcastaldo

A quick test: set GRID to match SNAP settings in your file, ensure the grid is visible, and do it again. Are they a 100% match or is the movement off-grid so to speak?

Are you aware that SNAP (F9) when on is only triggered when you are in a command? Often missed.

Did you test with hardware acceleration off?

TIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators