Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Dim Style text placement variables

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jarives
481 Views, 3 Replies

Modifying Dim Style text placement variables

I'm using AutoCad LT 2020. I'm producing a drawing that's 1/4"=1'-0" with the text size of 4". I want the bottom of the text to be 2" above the dimension line (the line that the dimension unit is place above for a horizontal line). I assume I should use the "offset from dim line" window in the "Text Placement" section in the "Text" tab of the "Modify Dimension Style" menu. I need that setting to be say 0.01825 to get the 2" offset. The input box will only allow integers. When I put "1" in and do a dimension, the dim text is about 6' above the dim line. Can someone tell me what I am missing or doing wrong? Thanks

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jarives
in reply to: jarives

It looks like I posted on the wrong forum. Sorry.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jarives

Your post got moved.

Can you post screenshot with dimensions or notes for a visual aid to your long description?
Message 4 of 4
jarives
in reply to: pendean

I think I got it figured out. I ended up setting the DIMALTTD setting to 9/256" to get it to land the 2" offset I was  trying to achieve. Alot of trial and error. I still don't have the fractions working like I would like but it will just have to do for now.  Thanks for the response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report