Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mleader align

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1664 Views, 12 Replies

Mleader align

I would like to align my text where the text is on the left how can I keep the text from going to the right side of the leader?

Image 1 is before the align command and 2 is after the align command.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not able to reproduce that issue here: can you share that portion of your drawing as a DWG file here?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Could it be a setting in the mleader style that's making it go that direction?

Message 4 of 13
pendean

I wonder if it's the justification (we would set it to let here, not right like you have it): or are there manual overrides on those mleaders where they don't match their MLEADERSTYLE settings.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

The manual overrides aren't on it is set to the styles.

Message 6 of 13
pendean

Show me: post that portion of your DWG file (use WBLOCK command to create a separate file).
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Here is a file that as the text on the left side of the mleader.

Message 8 of 13
pendean

I think I see your problem if your intent is to align at the leader extension line, correct? It doesn't work like that, never has.

The align tool works on the text only, left justification.

In your sample, see for yourself: select "3/4 adjustable" for one text, and the "3/4" tp" for another, notice where the alignment too place.

Might I suggest something? Instead of writing very long single lines of notes and very random hard-returns, you consider assigning a stock width you all the mleader text? Pick a size (start at 15"-18" and respace the notes vertically) plus left justify all of your text so they look more typical, then MleaderAlign's actions won't look so dramatic on the right-side that seems to be of concern to you visually (add a word or two to widen them if needed, for example 3/4" top "something"). Especially since on the right side of your detail you show no interest in aligning the text or dimensions on that side.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Have you tried aligning your text to the left when writing text to mleader? Select part of the text you wish to be aligned and click right mouse button to choose Paragraph Alignment. 

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Doesn't work

Message 11 of 13
pendean

Show us your work, post an actual DWG file with the problem and put notes in there on how you'd like the final result to be.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

The drawing file is in the 7th message. All my MLEADER is to the left of the drawing not to the right side.

Message 13 of 13
pendean

I saw that, but it doesn't add any more infrmation than it did when I replied in message #8 (which you never responded to) https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/mleader-align/m-p/7635181#M161428

Was there something you did not understand in my reply? Or are you still hoping I got it wrong and there is another fix?

Explain please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators