Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing .CTB file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
chick.biker
2714 Views, 7 Replies

Missing .CTB file

I've recently created a new drawing and when I create my page setup my ctb file is not available.  I am not sure where those search paths are set up!  It's in the right place on my computer.  I'm guessing I accidentally used a different standard file when I started.  Can you advise how to point this drawing to the right search path?  Thanks.

Chick.biker
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
vinodkl
in reply to: chick.biker

Hi,

You can set up the plot style search path from "OPTIONS". 

Type in the command "OPTIONS" go to "FILES" tab and then expand the "printer support file path' and then select "Plot style table search path". Now click on "add" and then browse the folder which has the "plot style"

plotstyle.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 8
pendean

What does "not available" mean to us who cannot see your screen and what you are clicking on?
Is your drawing set to look for STB files by chance?
Message 4 of 8
chick.biker
in reply to: pendean

I think it is, but have no idea how it happened, and can find nothing in Help about switching it back.  I have verified the search path, so that is not the issue.

Chick.biker
Message 5 of 8
pendean

A DWG file is preset to use STB or CTB, never both: you started your file with the wrong template file most likely.
Look up CONVERTPSTYLES command in HELP about changing a DWG file, or open your CTB based template file and INSERT this problem one into it, EXPLODE, then SAVEAS.

HTH

Message 6 of 8
chick.biker

Oy vey!  Thanks.

Chick.biker
Message 7 of 8
jtamayoKTFCS

Thanks this saved me! I never knew this.

Message 8 of 8
hoboarc

Thank You

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report