Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrored text/dims etc

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
21396 Views, 10 Replies

Mirrored text/dims etc

We are on ACAD LT 2017, Win10

The Dwg that we are having issues with is attached to this message.

This is not a MIRRTEXT issue.  MIRRTEXT works on items when the mirror command is being used, not when items are being created new which is what we are experiencing.

So, when we create a new dim or text the dim comes in reading backwards.  Text comes in upside down.  It litterally reads fine as you type in the text, hit accept and it reverses it.  Copyclip text or dims from another drawing that are fine into this drawing and whamo - it comes in backwards.  If you click on the text it says it's correct.  If you set MIRRTEXT = 1 and mirror it, it will mirror it to look correct but then reads in properties that it's backwards.

Dim Styles and Text Styles all show as correct - none are showing that the text should be backwords or upside down.

Closed the drawing and reopened it on another machine - same thing.

Thoughts? Ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Watch the commandline when you start any text command: you are auto-rotating your text 180-degrees.

Message 3 of 11
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Check your Navcube!

You are looking at the bottom so it is going to look backwards!

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Text command reads:

Specify start point of text or [Justify/Style]

MText command reads:

Specify opposite corner or [Height/Justify/Line spacing/Rotation/Style/Width/Columns]:

Full TEXT command from the screen reads as:

Command: TEXT
Current text style: "3_4" Text height: 0'-1 1/2" Annotative: No Justify: Left
Specify start point of text or [Justify/Style]:

Nothing in there on either command about auto-rotating

Upon googling auto-rotate autocad text I get that it can happen if the style is set to a "@" style.  None of ours is set to that.

Should also say that the drawing is set to World UCS so nothing to do with that either.

Also, the text is not rotated, it's writing text backwards.

I have a screen shot attached.  The top version is the original one that you can see how the text, mtext and dims are being created backwards.  The bottom left is mirrored with mirrtext=1.  Text and Mtext read right, but dims still not, and properties say it's backwards.  The version on the lower right is mirrored with mirrtext=0 which is like the original all wrong.

More fun...

If I copy clip linework into this drawing the lines with mirror upon insertion.  So a line in dwg A that looks like this: _|  becomes |_ in the problem drawing.  Lines, Plines, etc.  

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I've checked - it's in UCS World and the View = Top.  Double checked again just to be sure so not looking at it from the bottom.

-Jon

Message 6 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Jon,

That is strange. When I opened your drawing it showed bottom on the navcube. When I placed a dimension it did indeed read backwards. When I switched to top view I was able to place a dimension with the text oriented correctly.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Weird. I pulled up the view toolbar, clicked Top and had it regen.  Did that on the first machine - no change.  Double checked the UCS = world, yup.

Then on my machine yesterday did the same thing - still was backwards.

This afternoon again tried it when you said it was looking at it from the bottom - again, still coming in backwards.

Now I did it a fourth time and presto... it's now working again as it should.

Not smoking anything here either - someone else watched me here do that.

At least it's now working again and coming in correctly.  Bizarre that wouldn't set it correctly yesterday when I tried since that was one of the first things I thought of.

Thanks everyone.  Solved ... but still weird.

Message 8 of 11
RistoHolm

When this with dimensions happened to me, I was in a layout. I also copied a text from another layout and when I tried to paste it in this layout it got backwasrd an in a 90° angle. Then I noticed I wasn't in the world ucs in the layout. I had earlier tried to crate o section wiewport in Autoplant and failed. This made my ucs in the layout go haywire. When I shifted the ucs back to world everything was ok again.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Did anyone ever come up with a solution on this one?

I am having a new cad glitch every day now. todays glitch is that Arctext comes through mirrored. dimensions come in fine. the UCS is set to normal. The Arctext has just changed the way it works today and now it comes through mirrored. Is there any way to either 1) make it so it works the way it always used to or 2) mirror the mirrored text so it can be read?

REVISION TO POST:

2:55 PM. it is not "mirroring" the Arctext. it is displaying the text i enter in the Arctext dialog box IN REVERSE!!!!!! In other words, if i want the word "testing" to display along an arc, as of today, i must now type "gnitset". If you have not upgraded your machine to the new versions of cad and the worthless windows ten yet, DONT! EVER! This is not a professional software package anymore. It totally changes the way it works every 10 to 15 minutes now.

Message 10 of 11
pendean

There is no ARCTEXT ability in AutoCADLT, the forum you are posting in. Did you just adopt LT, or did you post "me too" by accident because you use a totally different version of AutoCAD?

The AutoCAD-only forum is over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/bd-p/706

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: RistoHolm

I had to reset my UCS to World and fixed it, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report