Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After creating a viewport I am unable to center it or zoom

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1560 Views, 8 Replies

After creating a viewport I am unable to center it or zoom

Hi. I'm totally new to this, AutoCad21.  I had been working with an ancient version for years, that was very simple.  Am looking at all kinds of tutorials, but of course, I come across really basic things that I can't figure out or find answers to.  This one is re paper space. I've created a sheet and view port, but when I opened it today, the sheet is all the way to the left side of the space, and fairly small, and I can't move it. I can't center it or zoom it...I'm sure this is really simple to do, but I can't find it anywhere.... Thanks

@Anonymous 

Topic Title has been changed by @Tiana_Y for better findability. Original: Basic navigation in paper space

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post your DWG file with the problem? Save it so it opens exactly where you see this issue.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Go to you tube, you should be able to find videos on what you are looking for there.

Message 4 of 9
steven-g

Sounds like you have altered the sheet size, you cannot move the 'paper' but you can alter the viewport to match the paper size. Post the .dwg file and let us know what the sizes should be, also the units you are hoping to use in your drawing.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi. Here it is. This is just an old drawing I've been using to experiment with.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Here you go. Someone else also asked me to post the drawing. It's nothing special. Just some stuff I've been using to experiment with.  So I can't adjust the viewport OR move this sheet.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Thanks for the file.

If all you do is create a viewport, all you will see inside it is EVERYTHING you have drawn in modelspace.

Is that about all you did, create a Layout, get the viewport to show up, and it shows everything?

You are also INSIDE the viewport (as your file opens): you cannot "adjust" the viewport from inside, you have to be outside of it first. Simply double-click outside of it. Now you can manipulate the viewport.

I think you need to dive into more basic intro classes to the program, paid is way better than free since its hard to know what to look for if you don't know what to look for, know what I mean?
Message 8 of 9
steven-g

The dwg looks fine! Where is the problem area?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, you're right. I'll have to look for a good basic course. Thanks much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators