Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up sizes and locations of layers on DXF export

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
244 Views, 3 Replies

Messed up sizes and locations of layers on DXF export

Hello,

I exported a DXF file from an AutoCAD drawing in order to import it on a GIS software (Cadcorp). All the layers are present however everything shows up at different locations with totally different sizes compared to the drawing. It is not georeferenced however I do not know why the layers are not copied properly with respect to each other. Is there a simple solution for this? I tried merging everything on a single layer in AutoCAD before the export which did not work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your description is a little confusing: what are you calling "layers" exactly, and are you seeing all of these problems in the other software?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Many thanks for your reply.

Sorry about that, by layers I meant all the items that were drawn. They don't keep their locations with respect to each other when I import it. I realize that this is probably caused by the GIS software. However maybe there is something you guys might know that I could do in AutoCAD to keep the shape of the drawing as it is. I tried to merge them in a single layer which did not solve the problem.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post that DXF file here, along with your source DWG file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators