Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask Dimension ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bobFJBXT
178 Views, 1 Reply

Mask Dimension ?

I have inserted into a a pdf in a drawing file.  I have then drawn some dimensions over the pdf.  It is hard to read the dimensions with the busy pdf.  I wanted to "Mask" my dimension.  In "dimstyle" I turned on the textmask and set the color to 255.  I then went into my plot styles and put the shading of color/pen 255 to zero.  I then did a test plot of the drawing and everything worked great.  I then x-ref'd the drawing described above into a file (with other details) placed on my final drawing (paper space).  When I plot my final drawing (in paper space) with the drawing described xref into my final drawing detail sheet the dimensions all come in as black squares,  My masking is setting seem to disappear once I x-ref the orginal drawing into any other drawing.  Do you know what I am doing wrong?  Is there a better way to do this.

As always thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hwalker
in reply to: bobFJBXT

Use the "Background" colour. See the image below

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report