Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro for Text Override

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kubaszymanski
446 Views, 7 Replies

Macro for Text Override

Hi All,

is there any way to create a macro that adds the specific text in Text Override value? 

I create some buttons that allow me to add prefix/suffix (i.e. below), however, some of my clients require these text addons as text overrides. 

^C^C_dimoverride;DIMPOST;Shelf: <>”;;

Could anyone let me know if that is possible?  

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: kubaszymanski

No it's not possible. HOWEVER if it's the same override in multiple dimensions why not just select them all and change it in properties (Ctrl+1)?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
pendean

Most DIM variable changes performed manually (and in macros) appear as overrides in the active DIMSTYLE: test it out.

Then all you need is a simple code like this
^C^C_dimpost;MYSPECIALWORDORLETTERSHERE;

HTH
Message 4 of 8
kubaszymanski
in reply to: hwalker

OK, thank you!

Hehe, I know what it is ;). I'm looking for a solution to avoid spelling mistakes and keep consistency within my team. You know, some clients use "Wall to Centerline: ", others "Rock to CL:" etc. I wanted to create a set of buttons for each workspace to remember a bit less. 😉
Message 5 of 8
kubaszymanski
in reply to: pendean

As I said, I'm not allowed to use suffix/prefix sometimes.
Message 6 of 8
cadffm

^C^C^C_cmddia;0;_dimedit;_new;Shelf: <>";\;_cmddia;1
 or better
^C^C^C_cmddia;0;_select;\_dimedit;_new;Shelf: <>";_p;;_cmddia;1

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
pendean

@kubaszymanski Then "sometimes" you need to do something else if having multiple DIMSTYLEs is not an option. Yes?

There is no automation for rigid client requirements: buckle to your clients will, or give them up, you can create custom DWT files for each client based on what they provide you as go-bys, presets in place for all their exacting needs (multiple DIMSTYLEs etc.), and only ever use them.

Then train your team over and over and over again to avoid client non-compliance issues: you will need to hire/assign someone as a "compliance officer" for each client and they will need the tools to do client-compliance checks including latest LT versions with DWG and XREF Compare features, and a full AutoCAD seat for access to the CHECKSTANDARDS command too.

It how we all do it.

HTH
Message 8 of 8
kubaszymanski
in reply to: pendean

@pendean Thank you for sharing your thoughts, really appreciated it.  We work exactly as you said. The client always gets what he paid for. I'm just searching for places where I could help my team. It worked with "prefix/suffix" so I'm looking further... It is also a way for me to learn something more. 

@cadffm Thank you! This is what I was looking for. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators