Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2018 solid hatch transparency bug

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gordon
1559 Views, 9 Replies

LT2018 solid hatch transparency bug

Just upgraded to LT 2018 and there is a solid hatch transparency bug.

We use solid hatch with RGB colour 255,255,255 [white] to blank out certain parts of our plans as and when required.  The solid hatch is sometimes given 50% transparency so the obscured info is still visible, but faded out.  In all LT versions before 2018 this has worked great.  In 2018 the solid hatch is appearing black when it has any transparency value applied to it on a bylayer basis.  

Any other hatch pattern still works with this principle and retains the white colour.  But solid hatch does not 😞

This happens with pdf or printer or plotter drivers.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: gordon

Post your DWG file, let's all have a look at your own content, point to the solid hatch in question.
Message 3 of 10
gordon
in reply to: pendean

Here you go.   dwg attached with a clear explanation of what's going on + 2 pdfs.  One printed in LT2018, one in LT2017 using exactly the same method.  This principle has worked in all previous versions of LT till 2018.  Other hatch patterns still work fine as shown with the other sample of ANSI32.  But we have many plans with solid hatching masking out parts of our plans which are now coming out like the 2018 pdf.  As you can see, the 2017 pdf is fine.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Looks like a flaw in LT2018: you will need to report it at your Subscription Portal, roll back to LT2017 and give LT2018 a couple of months to find it's legs.

AccountsSupportMethod.jpg

LT2018 seems to be snake-bitten.

Message 5 of 10
gordon

Brill.  Thanks.  Will pass onto the crew here & report.  Was hoping there was some new fangled 'improvement' we'd missed and needed to adjust our parameters, but it appears not for now.

Thanks again 🙂

Message 6 of 10
sydgD5BFN

I am having the same problem with AutoCAD LT 2018.  Please find a fix to this bug.

Message 7 of 10
gordon

Not sure why this has been marked as "solved" as it has _not_ been solved.  Bug still exists after 2 updates from Autodesk.  Back in the day when I posted this up I tried to report it as suggested, but it was never accepted.  Tried again earlier this week and again today and just get this message :

"Something Went Wrong
Attempt to de-reference a null object

Unfortunately, your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again later."

Hopefully someone from Autodesk reads the forums to fix the support cases section and the ability to report a technical issue.  

And the solid hatch bug of course 😉

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Did you read the post highlighted in green as "solved"? I'll put it into smaller bites for you

Looks like a flaw in LT2018

You will need to report it at your Subscription Portal (see screenshot for where)

Roll back to LT2017 and give LT2018 a couple of months (or a lot more now) to find its legs.

>>>...I tried to report it as suggested, but it was never accepted...<<<
Explain, what does that mean please? worked fine when I did it back when the post was new.

>>>...And the solid hatch bug of course...<<<
Which one is that?

Message 9 of 10
terradesignworks

You can put it into as small of bites as you want, but the bug is still there.  It's not helpful to speak to people like they are stupid.  I have been using AutoCAD for 20 years and I'm very familiar with many famous bugs that have gone unfixed for years and years.  Now the engineers at AutoCAD have regressed.  The solid hatch transparency worked great in AutoCAD 2016, but does not work in 2018.  Solid hatch with transparency assigned doesn't apply the transparency, regardless whether the box is checked in the plot window.  It's not only in LT2018, as I am running a full version of 2018.  I can see the transparency of the hatch on the screen, but it does not print.  This is a major problem for me as I use a mask in most of my blocks. 

Message 10 of 10
terradesignworks

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the kudo.  I thought I would pass on the latest thread on this issue in case you haven't seen it.  I've been trying to get resolution to this issue and the feedback from CADffm and john.vellek has been very constructive, but it hasn't fixed the issue.  I haven't had time to try all of the most recent suggestions that have been offered, but will do so if only to see if I can narrow down the problem.  I believe john.vellek has passed this on to development at Autodesk to see if they can resolve the issue.  My primary objective is to get clear direction on how to solve this or have Autodesk fix the issue, since I am not interested in applying a "work-around".  Here is the link if you'd like to stay in the loop:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/printing-to-pdf-with-solid-hatch-transparency-doesn-t-w...

Kurt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost