Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2018 plot preview error

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
marchitect_nc
1914 Views, 26 Replies

LT 2018 plot preview error

Win 7 64

Just updated LT2018...something is wrong.

If preview is selected in the plotting dialog then an AutoCAD LT error message pops up saying "Test Failed".

Also the pdf plotting is still messed up, the sheets are centered wrong causing the plots to have large margins on the right side.

Its not plotting the dashed sheet area, it seems to be plotting the margins of the larger window around the dashed sheet area.

The pdf margin problem was mentioned when LT 2018 was first released, and it's still a problem.

I'm on a subscription...but still can't use LT 2018.

What use is a subscription if the current version is not usable?

Frustrating.

m

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
marchitect_nc
in reply to: john.vellek

Ok, In trying to repeat what was shown...

In Page Setup Manager >New> give it a name>OK>Page Setup dialog pops up.

Then under Printer/Plotter>Name>Properties>Modify Standard Paper Sizes...

Scroll down to Arch D>Select it> Click Modify

Make changes>Click Next

A dialog box displays a highlighted filename...? Do I change this?

-

And then I click Finish...then what?

Options shown are: Import, SaveAs, Defaults, OK, Cancel, Help.

Which one is to be selected?

Not sure.

M

Message 22 of 27
john.vellek
in reply to: marchitect_nc

Hi @marchitect_nc,

You can certainly save these settings as unique PC3 and PMP files.  For instance, if you wanted to only have one paper size in the page setup you can filter out all the others and then save the plotter definition with a new name.

I made a quick video that shows how this might work for you.

Of course, you need to adjust the process to your workflow.  If you work in only 4 pages sizes, I would start by adjusting the AutoCAD PDF driver to show only those sizes and with margins that you want (I like 0"margins).  If you give it a unique name then it is easy to identify.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 23 of 27
marchitect_nc

Hi John,

Thank-you.

I will study this.

m

Message 24 of 27

Ok John,

I have tried your ideas several times...and I still get a pdf with the right side margin too big. Please see attachment. This was created with all margins set to 0.

No joy, can this be fixed?

Sincerely,

Message 25 of 27
john.vellek

Hi @marchitect_nc,

I am sorry this still is not working for you. Can you give me your drawing file with a your page setup applied so I can take a look? Please tell me the exact version of AutoCAD LT you are using too. 

If the file needs to be private, please email it to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and include a link to this thread.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 26 of 27
marchitect_nc

Hi John,

I finally conquered it.

Since the 0 margins had the image too far to the left I played with the pc3 margin distances in the Modify Standard Paper Sizes and found a combination that works for the pc3 file being used! And its available in the batch plot routine also. Yea!

Now after a year of not using LT 2018 due to not understanding what was going on maybe I can hopefully apply this to LT 2019, hopefully.

Still not sure why I didn't have to do ANY of this in LT 2017...

Thanks for you kind assistance.

m

Message 27 of 27
Anonymous

When I only click on the print button, the "test failed" error is comming.

The only thing I can do is shut down autocad.

It only happens with older files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report