Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetypes will NOT purge

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
554 Views, 3 Replies

Linetypes will NOT purge

I've looked at other posts and I've done literally every step. Very frustrating. I've purged all these linetypes...to no avail. I've done the wblock command with "entire drawing"...nothing. I exploded the entire drawing to have no blocks...still have all these linetypes. (See image). Again There are a TON of linetypes not used. I do the quick select command...by linetype...nothing. There is nothing in my drawing that has that linetype STILL cannot get rid of all of them. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
WarrenGeissler
in reply to: Anonymous

Those are linetypes from a bound xref. If you no longer have the block which was created, then my next question is: was this a Civil 3D file? You will need to purge the Civil 3D styles before purging other items.

Can you post the drawing here?

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: WarrenGeissler

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I cannot upload that file. 

I don't understand, if they are from a bound xref...my drawing has no Xrefs and I exploded everything. How can an xref be in the drawing and not show up in my external references?

Message 4 of 4
WarrenGeissler
in reply to: Anonymous

When you BIND an xref it detaches the original file and inserts the content into the drawing. To avoid naming conflicts (layer names, linetypes, etc) the name of the drawing file is appended to named objects. In your case the XREF that was bound was 100776_PBASE. The $0$ is letting you know it's a bound named object (layer, linetype, block, etc).

Also as I mentioned, the linetypes might be bound to Civil 3D styles, which neither AutoCAD nor LT can purge (which is why I asked about posting the file). An option for you is to try the command -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to remove any lingering Civil styles and binds

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report