Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Items

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
330 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting Items

I hope someone can help me answer this. I use AutoCad LT 2010 for my company. on saved files we have what we call alarm devices made in CAD using the block editor. My job is to insert those devices on drawings. Whenever I go to Insert a device, I click the insert tab and click the insert button and I select the device I want. after I hit ok, instead of being on my mouse so I can decide where to put the device, it automatically goes on the page for me. now it does come out small, which is fine but it takes forever to find it and its frustrating. I just got a new mouse so its not a mouse problem. how can I stop the device automatically going into the drawing? I want it to be put on the mouse so I can decide where to put it, I use to be able to do that. now I cant. is there a way to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
user181
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,  On the insert dialog box do you have the Specify On-screen button check under insertion point. Otherwise it will insert at the coordinates shown. 

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

I do not have that checked.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Look at the INSERT command pop-up that you are using: do you have the box Insertion Point box labelled SPECIFY ON_SCREEN unchecked? It needs to be if you want to control where a block is inserted.

Same for SCALE right next to it, are you also asking the pop-up to scale the drawing for you?

Post a screenshot of the pop-up if you are still not sure.

Message 5 of 5
user181

Maybe the base point of the block is not near the block. When the block was created maybe the creator left the base point option as 0,0,0 instead of picking a point or selecting on screen. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report