Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect default plotter configuration in AutoCAD LT for Mac

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wklemp
638 Views, 2 Replies

Incorrect default plotter configuration in AutoCAD LT for Mac

Whenever I attempt to print, I get the warning message below referring to a printer that I do not have.  I presume it's an AutoCAD default setting, but I cannot find any place allowing me to change this default.  It eventually prints, since as the warning message says, it then substitutes my Mac's default printer, but this is really annoying.  Is there any way to change the AutoCAD setting.

Screen Shot 2012-03-23 at 11.51.58 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: wklemp

There is no "default setting" in AutoCAd for printer/plotter selections: the file creator gets to decide what printer is used in each tab in each file and that setting pretty much sticks to the file until someone else changes it.

MAC or Windows, it's been the rule for a very long time. if the MAC has an extra option to avoid it, only MAC users in the MAC forum can help you out. That's MAC forum is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

Message 3 of 3
wklemp
in reply to: pendean

Thanks.  I created the file and never addressed such a printer, so it had to have gotten there somehow.  Also, I used the print settings edit function to change the printer and it won't seem to stick.  I'll check it out on the Mac forum.  Thanks so much for the rapid response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators