Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported text does not appear when I DXF the file, need help. Cannot explode my text.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bsmithWZSN5
1676 Views, 10 Replies

Imported text does not appear when I DXF the file, need help. Cannot explode my text.

Problem is that I cannot get my text to appear when I DXF out. I have imported text from an excel file with first column being "-TEXT", then "X,Y" data point, with next column being "Angle" and finally the "Text" to appear on screen. When I paste this in AutoCAD it works great and goes exactly where I need it to. I found out that this is most likely not appearing on my DXF files due to it being in block format and needing to explode it in order to get it in vector form. Problem is I try to explode it says "1 was not able to exploded".

I have tried:

-changing my text font to dim.shx for straight lines instead of bubble letters

-changing my text from annotative to standard

-to change in the block editor - properties tab to allow exploding

-turning "use big font" off

-Checking off the "Annotative" in text style

-quick selecting text and turning "annotative" in properties to no

None of this seems to work. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: bsmithWZSN5

Any reason you opted NOT to share your source DWG and resulting DXF files here for everyone to examine?
Message 3 of 11
bsmithWZSN5
in reply to: pendean

I have attached the drawing to this reply. 

Message 4 of 11
bsmithWZSN5

Here is the resulting DXF.

Message 5 of 11
pendean

Thanks for the files @bsmithWZSN5 

Aren't these the "text' you are looking for in your DXF file?

pendean_0-1680182259083.png

Source DWG file

pendean_1-1680182311304.png

pendean_2-1680182450907.png

Or did I miss which/where the problems are?

Message 6 of 11
bsmithWZSN5

Yes, in AutoCAD the text appears in DXF form. I am converting this to a DXF then opening it on a different software called "RDWorks", it is a software for my laser machine at work. The problem is the software does NOT recognize the text because it is not exploded and in the block form. It needs to be in vector/ exploded from AutoCAD in order for the "RDWorks" program to be able to read and execute.

The problem is that AutoCAD is restricting me from exploding this text, while I have tried multiple things the only solution I have came up with is using the command "WMFOUT" then opening a new drawing and using command "WMFIN" to bring it back in.

The problem with this is it is not scaling properly when I do so and precision is key for this.  Hopefully I explained myself better here, I mainly need help converting this text into a readable exploded/ vector form.

Message 7 of 11
pendean

LT lacks the tool you really need: BURST command found in full AutoCAD. If you do this all the time, it might be time to pay extra for the full program.

WMFOUT and WMFIN solution works, as long as you always remember to use SCALE or ALIGN command to fix the scale skew afterwards: you need to add a line of a known dimension so you can use that to rescale your import.

OR... you will need to reach out to "RDWORKS" support for help on why your DXF file does not work with blocks only if you tried exporting your DWG file to R12DXF (instead of the default 2018DXF file format) and that did not help at all.
Message 8 of 11
bsmithWZSN5

Thank you for this information and the attempt I really appreciate it. My fear after seeing multiple things such as burst and other commands that are not supported by LT is that would be the case. 

Message 9 of 11
AcmeMfgEng

If you upgrade to LT 2024 with lisp capability, this lisp function explodes text beautifully. The source is acknowledged in the beginning.

;;*****************************************************************************************************
;; Function to explode text
;;*****************************************************************************************************
;; Written by Autodesk Community member "Mark", submitted in 2003
;; Link: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/text-explode-alternative-to-txtexp-lsp/td-p/858752
;;
(defun C:WMF2L (/ ss1 vy vx vc vt ll ur ul fnm)
(setvar "CMDECHO" 0)(setvar "HIGHLIGHT" 1)
(setvar "OSMODE" 0)(setvar "MIRRTEXT" 1)
(setvar "WMFBKGND" 0)(setvar "WMFFOREGND" 0)
(setq fnm (strcat (getvar "TEMPPREFIX") "TempWMF.wmf"))
(if (setq ss1 nil ss1 (ssget))
(progn
(setq vy (getvar "VIEWSIZE")
vx (* vy (/ (car (getvar "SCREENSIZE"))(cadr (getvar "SCREENSIZE"))))
vc (getvar "VIEWCTR")
ll (list (- (car vc)(/ vx 2.0))(- (cadr vc)(/ vy 2.0)) 0.0)
ur (list (+ (car vc)(/ vx 2.0))(+ (cadr vc)(/ vy 2.0)) 0.0)
ul (list (car ll)(cadr ur))
vt (list (car vc)(cadr ur)) ) ;; top middle of view to mirror w/ vc
(command "_.MIRROR" ss1 "" vc vt "Y"
"_.WMFOUT" fnm ss1 "" "_.ERASE" ss1 "" "_.WMFIN" fnm ul "2" "" ""
"_.MIRROR" (entlast) "" vc vt "Y" "_.EXPLODE" (entlast)) )) (setvar "MIRRTEXT" 0) (princ) )
;;
Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: AcmeMfgEng

@AcmeMfgEng I am pretty sure the OP does not want the attribute converted to pure useless junk like your otherwise fine LISP offers to do

pendean_0-1681130836848.png

Message 11 of 11
AcmeMfgEng

The post subject specifically states that the op cannot explode the text. I tested the lisp on the op's file and the text exploded just fine - I was simply providing a possible solution of which the op can take or leave.

It is my hope that this forum is a place where help can be both offered and received in a constructive manner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report