Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import dimension styles?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
BillW435
39771 Views, 8 Replies

Import dimension styles?

I am making several drawings, all of which will use the same dimension and text styles. How do I import, or copy, styles (mainly dimension styles) from a previous drawing to the new drawing?

I searched for a topic on this, but  what I found seems to apply to ACad not ACad LT. Or, at any rate, the topic discussed things I'm not familiar with A-Tall!

Thanks for your help, as usual.

Bill

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: BillW435

Research using Design Centre.

You can drag and drop styles from one open drawing to another open drawing.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: hwalker

Message 4 of 9
pendean

ADCENTER command can be used to copy the following between drawing files (or from your template files): Dimension Styles, Layers, Layouts, Linetypes, Multi-Leader Styles, Table Styles and Text Styles.

Message 5 of 9
BillW435
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks, everyone. Got it to work, with your help.

Bill

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

You could also insert the drawing that has the desired dimstyles, layers, etc. into the drawing that you want to have these same dimstyles, etc.  After inserting, purge out anything you don't want.

Lowell

Message 7 of 9
BillW435
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, Lowell.

Your solution may be easier than the one I used. Apreciate your help.

Bill

Message 8 of 9
Charles_Shade

Templates

Templates

Templates

I'm not sure but using a TEMPLATE requires nothing to be inserted or dragged or found or ...

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I agree, templates are the way to go.  Dimstyles, layers, print settings, etc. all setup in a template and used to start a drawing.  We have a template for a standard 24 x 36 dwg and metric version of the same thing.  We also have a template for an 8 1/2 x 11 sketchpad dwg.  They have evolved a bit since I created my first template in AutoCAD release 2.6 back in the 80's but templates are great once you get all the settings correct for you.

Lowell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators