Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to offset a lot of Objects apart from each other, AT ONCE (not successively)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
masafumi.horiuchi.sd
267 Views, 5 Replies

How to offset a lot of Objects apart from each other, AT ONCE (not successively)

I am using Auto CAD LT.

It would be very appriciated if anyone teaches me how to offset a lot of Objects apart from each other AT ONCE.

I have already know how to offset Objects successively (multiple offset). On the other hand, I have a large amount of objects which are to be offsetted in order to imitate over/under etching. Therefore, I would like to know the method of  offsetting Objects which is not connected each other, quickly. 

I would be very grateful if anyone could reply.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

1. There is no feature like this

2. You can use 3rd party Lisptools (in LT2024, not in older versions),

the problem is: a) You need to find the right one 2. Not all tools working as well in LT2024 versions

Offset needs a distance AND the direction for this offset and this is a problem for an universal Tool for such a "MultiObjectOffset"

Sample: Search for "Offsetinorout.lsp"

This tool works pretty good for "closed" shapes like a closed Polyline or Circle.

Sample: Search for "XOFFSET.vlx"

This tool works pretty good for multiple objects offset to one side

You will also find tools to offset object to both side in one step..

HTH

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

@masafumi.horiuchi.sd start with one object. Copy it , but use the ARRAY method ringed in the image below

hwalker_0-1690967949872.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 6

Thank you so much for your reply.

I must have explaned what the word "offset" means. The  word "offset" here means not displacement but making  closed lines move towards in or out of the original lines. 

Thank you for your kindness anyway. 

Message 5 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm  schrieb:

2. You can use 3rd party Lisptools (in LT2024, not in older versions),

Sample: Search for "Offsetinorout.lsp"

This tool works pretty good for "closed" shapes like a closed Polyline or Circle.

👍

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Thank you so much for your reply.

I serched for "offsetinorout.lsp" , hit the AutoCAD Customization Community - Lisp Customizarion - ..., 

and got the "OffsetInOrOut.lsp". I am not familiar with using lsp but will try this code.

Thank you again for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators