Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How do I bind a pdf into a drawing so that I can email without losing the pdf?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
37189 Views, 4 Replies

How do I bind a pdf into a drawing so that I can email without losing the pdf?

I need to bind a pdf into a drawing so that I can email the drawing without losing the path. I'm currently using 'ATTACH' the pdf from file and selecting 'no path'. Each time I email a .dwg I lose the pdf. Help greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No binding for PDFs.
You can capture snapshot images of them and attach pictures of the PDFs if you want to go that route: use the snapshot tool in your PDF Reader, then CTRL+V in AutoCAD. Or use another tool to export the PDF to a raster image that you can insert into AutoCAD with INSERTOBJ command.

The quality of the images will not be on par with the quality of the PDFs.

When you send DWG files, get in the habit of using ETRANSMIT command: and if your recipient really wants the PDFs, that tool will bundle those with the DWG file into a neat ZIP file. It's the better way to share DWG files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks so much for the advice. The pdf is a business logo so I really want to keep the quality. Are there an alternative way to keep the quality? Thanks for the heads up on emailing too.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a high quality raster image of the logo (where the PDF came from) and experiment with bringing it in: to maintain quality, you want to ensure the raster image is as large a size as possible so you avoid scaling it up inside AutoCAD.

Best way to bring a raster file in IMHO: open it in a graphics application that will let you "select all" and "copy" the image, then in AutoCAD/LT use PASTECLIP (CTRL+V) command to paste it where you need it. Do NOT resize it to be bigger.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks I'll give it a go. Appreciate the quick and thorough response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators