Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i add the electrical toolset to lt 2020?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
james.hollandNZZRF
8031 Views, 12 Replies

How do i add the electrical toolset to lt 2020?

I’ve recently purchased autocad lt 2020 but don’t know how to access the electrical toolset? Can somebody help?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: james.hollandNZZRF

Autodesk electrical (toolset) is another (standalone) programm, you can not "add it to LT".

You need a license (not part of your LT rental), download&Install the Electrical program.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/overview

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 13

Toolsets are part of the full Autocad subscription package, allowing users to work within multiple disciplines and only need to pay for one subscription. Autocad LT is a general-purpose design package and there have never been separate programs for Electrical LT, Architectural LT, MEP LT etc as was the case with full Autocad where you used to have to buy individual units. There is nothing stopping you creating Architectural or Electrical drawings using LT, but there are no special tools to help you, you have to figure all that out yourself.

Message 4 of 13

US$400/yr LT is the wrong program.
US$1610/yr AutoCAD is the correct program that offers toolsets, including electrical

Capture.PNG 

Message 5 of 13

viewing the answers about LT does not  include Electrical Toolset,  i just dont understand why autocad says its included on the electrical toolset webpage, ?.

there is something wrong with the webpage,

autocad electrica its different form electrcial toolset ,,, 

https://www.autodesk.com/solutions/electrical-drawing

gerenciaZEE3S_0-1623349809865.png

Message 6 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: james.hollandNZZRF

There us no word about "LT does incl. Electrical Toolset".

One AutoCAD license model does,

LT not.

Away from ACAD Electrical, you can create electrical drawings with autocad and also with LT, but efficiently? sure not.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 13

It is inaccurate information, why mention autocad LT and speak in the plural about subscriptions? Which autocad subscriptions include it and which don't? The title says specifically "Specialized electrical drawing software"
Autocad should correct this text or specify directly that autocad LT does not include the toolset, not just omit it

Message 8 of 13
pendean
in reply to: gerenciaZEE3S
Message 9 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: gerenciaZEE3S

Electrical drawings can be done efficiently in AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD.

Did you happen to notice the bold text that says the toolset is included with AutoCAD? It does not say "and AutoCAD LT".

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 13

with autocad lt 2022  it gives options for installing a couple of toolsets, but how do I ask...

dale_kirk2_0-1633549637178.png

Message 11 of 13

I might not have posted in a thread about an earlier version. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 12 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: dale_kirk2

This page is for the 'one AutoCAD' lic,

and it isn't a toolset.

No toolset for your LT version.

Sorry

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
pendean
in reply to: dale_kirk2

@dale_kirk2 That's a typo, human error, it happens. Do you want to work for Autodesk as a fact-checker? They obviously need one or 100.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators