Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Move command in AutoCad LT 2025 version

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
pushkardighe
343 Views, 8 Replies

Help with Move command in AutoCad LT 2025 version

Hi All,

I need to do the following with my move command. 

Say I have selected the object and used point at "A" which is say at 0,0 absolute coordinate as the base point to move. 

From here I will select another point say point "B" at 10,10 absolute coordinates but this point is not my destination point but a "reference" point.

I need to move the object to point "C" say which is at distance of 2,2 from the reference point B and no relation to point A. I will be using Object snap when selecting points A and B. 

This has to happen in a single move command and I should not have to move the object 2 times. Is this possible in AutoCad LT?

Thank you,

Pushkar Dighe

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: pushkardighe

Hi,

>"From here I will select another point say point "B" at 10,10"

Before you type in "10,10", send FROM

Point A

From

Point B

Relative coordinates to Point C

Sebastian

Message 3 of 9
RobRocks

@pushkardighe wrote:

Say I have selected the object and used point at "A" which is say at 0,0 absolute coordinate as the base point to move. ?

Skip this step.

@pushkardighe wrote:

From here I will select another point say point "B" at 10,10 absolute coordinates but this point is not my destination point but a "reference" point.

This should be your base point.

@pushkardighe wrote:

I need to move the object to point "C" say which is at distance of 2,2 from the reference point B and no relation to point A. 

Then why did you pick point A as your basepoint? Pick point B as base and the point C as the destination point.

@pushkardighe wrote:

I will be using Object snap when selecting points A and B. 

You won't get where you want.

@pushkardighe wrote:

This has to happen in a single move command and I should not have to move the object 2 times. Is this possible in AutoCad LT?

Yes.

Message 4 of 9
pushkardighe

Hi All, thanks for your suggestion, but that is not it. I have attached a ppt file with couple of slides and images to explain the problem in better way hope this helps clarifying my question in better way. 

Thank you,

Pushkar Dighe

Message 5 of 9
RobRocks

I would do it with object snap tracking.

Message 6 of 9
h_s_walker

@pushkardighe @cadffm gave you the information you need.

Select to sofa to move and use it's insertion point as your base point then use the FROM snap to choose the corner of your other sofa and type in @-2,2 which will put one sofa 2 units to the left and 2 units above the other sofa

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 9
pushkardighe

Thanks a lot @h_s_walker for your support this really helps me a lot.

Thank you,

Pushkar Dighe

Message 8 of 9
RobRocks

Your welcome.

Message 9 of 9
RSomppi

If you haven't done it already, Object Snap Tracking is very useful for many situations. I suggest at least having a look at this versatile tool that should be in everyone's tool box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report