Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch linetype not displaying

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
MartynCowley3208
11343 Views, 11 Replies

Hatch linetype not displaying

I am using a User-defined hatch, doubled to produce squares; the layer linetype is Hidden but the hatch lines appear solid regardless of either the Linetype scale setting or the object Linetype scale.

Ordinary Lines or Polylines on the same layer appear correctly.

Have I missed something?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Can you post the drawing containing the hatch or a blank drawing containing the hatch as how you want it.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 12

The attached picture shows part of the drawing with the hatch (representing floor tiles 600mm square) on a layer with Linetype 'Hidden'; the rectangle to the left is on the same layer. Both have object linetypescale = 1.

Global linetype scale factor = 25 (viewport scale is 1:50)

Paperspace units for scaling is off

I have changed the linetypescale for the hatch up and down from 1 by orders of magnitude with no change.

LT2019hatch.jpg

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

Message 4 of 12

Linetypes, do not have anything to do with a hatch pattern. The lines that form the grid are generated by the code in the .pat file. They are not assigned a linetype within the .pat file.

Message 5 of 12

That certainly wasn't the case in previous versions (I am using 2019), hatch patterns always adopted the linetype as if they were 'Byblock', whether by Layer or individually.

Undoubtedly you could define a hatch by specifying particular segments of the pattern, but the line elements would take the linetype assigned by Layer or Properties

Message 6 of 12

I have just noted the following in the Help files:

Relative to Paper Space

Scales the hatch pattern relative to paper space units. This allows you to display hatch patterns at a scale that is appropriate for your named layout. This option is available only from a named layout.

However, the button in the Hatch Properties tab of the ribbon is greyed out, even though the Layout is named 'A3H'.

The drawing I tried this in displays the hatch with the Layer Linetype in version 2018 and earlier, but not 2019.

(The 'Relative to Paper Space' button is greyed out in 2018 too.)

Message 7 of 12

Hi @MartynCowley3208,

Can you share a sample file with your hatch pattern in it? I would like to test in AutoCAD 2017, 2018, and 2019 to see if there are any differences.

I tested by adding a user-defined hatch (doubled) on a layer with hidden2 linetype and it behaves the same in 2018 and 2019 and does not apply a linetype to the hatch.  Perhaps i am doing something different than your method.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 12

Attached is a drawing sample showing a hatch pattern with Linetype 'ByLayer', Layer (RaisedFloor) with Linetype 'Hidden', Global scale factor = 20, object linetype scale = 1.

In LT2015 (and 2018) the hatch appears with the correct line display, in LT2019 the lines appear continuous.

Message 9 of 12

Hi @MartynCowley3208,

Check the HPLINETYPE variable to see if is On.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 10 of 12

HPLINETYPE seems to have slipped past me - not something I have come across before; is it a relatively new Variable, or simply that it has been ON by default in previous versions?

Message 11 of 12
cadffm
in reply to: MartynCowley3208

Always default off, since starting 4 years ago in version 2015.

Sebastian

Message 12 of 12
dcapuya
in reply to: john.vellek

thanks champ! You're the MVP. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report