Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google earth geolocations to cad/dwg file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
414 Views, 3 Replies

Google earth geolocations to cad/dwg file

I don't necessarily need the texture file of the site or buildings but I need to essentially grab an area of google earth to put into a custom program for lighting.

I really need it in a scaled 3d file, is this possible?

Do I have to create the dimensions for all the buildings and if so is their a simple way to figure that out? Any videos or links would be awesome

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD and all it's variants do NOT use Google Earth, and Google Earth content required a license from Google to use.
There are other licensed MAP providers you can contract with, and your local jurisdiction may allow you to use their maps in your DWG files.

Otherwise the process is like grabbing a picture and scaling it over and over to a known dimension on the map until you get close. But it's not 3D either.

Are you trying to add a background to linework in LT?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I'm trying to be able to recreate this file quickly and efficiently as i'm only importing LIGHTS into any work site, I suppose I can create the height for the buildings but generally speaking I want files like this one.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators