Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling areas with a non-repeatable pattern similar to a hatch

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
CarlosCaballero11
335 Views, 7 Replies

Filling areas with a non-repeatable pattern similar to a hatch

Hi, I have looked into this without finding a solution.

In a kitchen drawing, I would like to be able to fill in an area, in this case, a backsplash with a non-repeatable pattern representing natural stone.  From what I understand this cannot be accomplished with a hatch pattern.

Is there a command or any way to fill in the area in a drawing with a pre-drawn pattern?

Please see attachment.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: CarlosCaballero11

All AutoCAD hatches are repeatable. All of them.

Looks like you want a "veins" style pattern, those are a challenge to create and not much demand exists for them. How did you create that look in your screenshot?
Message 3 of 8
CarlosCaballero11
in reply to: pendean

The pattern was hand drawn on top of a stone image.  What I am looking for is a more efficient way of placing these pre-drawn patterns within my stone boundaries without having to trim and deleting the pattern geometry.

Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: CarlosCaballero11

AFAIK you have the best solution unless you want to use raster images of those vein patterns that you can CLIP into shape for your needs.

You can stick around to see if any others have developed a hatch pattern file you can use too, just be careful with the repeats you'll stumble into eventually.
Message 5 of 8

Screenshot looks like Acad 3D and not LT, there used to be a superhatch function to convert blocks in Express Tools tab to a pattern that can be used in hatch.  Unfortunately, I don't have full blown Acad on this computer to check if it is still an option.  If you select a hatch, right click and select edit hatch you can see a place to add custom hatch.  Basically the workflow was create a block, super hatch to a .pat and then save into the correct folder for selection.  Sorry not to be more help but it has been a while since I have used that functionality and I don't have the software available to refresh my memory.

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your response, you are correct about my version of ACAD, I am the only one in the office not using LT, therefore, I need a solution that works for LT.

Message 7 of 8

Definitely can't create them in LT (no express tools), but you may be able to create them in your version and then share the .pat files amongst your team.

Message 8 of 8

Will, look into that! thanks for your input!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report