Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
308 Views, 6 Replies

fatal error

Fatal Error: unhandled access violation reading 0x0010 exception at340fc95h

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Too shy to tell us more?

What is your LT version? Start ABOUT command and report what it says there.
What is your OS?

Is this a new problem? Or is this a fresh install of the software?
Is the problem limited to one file? or all files?
does it happen ALL the time, or is it random?

OR search for options to do by browsing these links if you prefer not to interact with anyone:
https://www.google.com/search?q=autocad+Fatal+Error%3A+unhandled+access+violation+reading+0x0010+exc...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

it is a 2018 version. I was working on it yesterday and forgot to close it after work. when I started it this morning. It just kept going but no display. so I closed it and start it from fresh. it came on ok. However, I clicked on open file. it said on top of the menu bar 'not responding'. it opened the window with the file folder and within 3 sec. another window came on showing the error message sent earlier. I tried couple more times and it show the same message. I therefore uninstall and reinstalled the program. it still has the same issue. it just did not work with the open file. I can open and worked on a new drawing though.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Too shy to tell us more?

What is your LT version? Start ABOUT command and report what it says there.
What is your OS?

Is this a new problem? Or is this a fresh install of the software?
Is the problem limited to one file? or all files?
does it happen ALL the time, or is it random?

OR search for options to do by browsing these links if you prefer not to interact with anyone:
https://www.google.com/search?q=autocad+Fatal+Error%3A+unhandled+access+violation+reading+0x0010+exc...

it is a 2018 version. I was working on it yesterday and forgot to close it after work. when I started it this morning. It just kept going but no display. so I closed it and start it from fresh. it came on ok. However, I clicked on open file. it said on top of the menu bar 'not responding'. it opened the window with the file folder and within 3 sec. another window came on showing the error message sent earlier. I tried couple more times and it show the same message. I therefore uninstall and reinstalled the program. it still has the same issue. it just did not work with the open file. I can open and worked on a new drawing though.

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,  If new files work that is a good sign.

Your one drawing file might have become corrupted though. You can try to use the RECOVER command on it from inside AutoCAD LT.  Also take a look for the BAK backup file.  You can also look for a autosave file in your c:\Users\USERNAME\appdata\local\temp folder.

You are welcome to attach your one file to a post and I can take a look at it to see if I can get it to work for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7
pendean

Restart your PC, start 2018, use RECOVER command found in the big red A at the top left corner of the program window and use it to open your file. See if that helps.

If it did not help, explore these many other ways to try and recover your file https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...
Message 7 of 7
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or Dean's helped you with your problem. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators