Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block - Display Rotation Bearing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
842 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamic Block - Display Rotation Bearing

Dynamic Block Query - is there a way to create a dynamic degree bearing number that changes when rotating a dynamic block?

I know how to use the rotate parameters within a dynamic block but would love it to display the angle when using the block and of course for the number to change as the rotation angle does. 

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Use a field as an attribute value, you will need to regen when you change the block rotation. And if you add an attribute to an existing block you will also need to run attsync before it will show up.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks, but I'm not sure how to automatically make the 0° increase to 45° for example upon using the block rotation parameter that was created. 

Message 4 of 8
h_s_walker

As @steven-g has said you need to do a REGEN before the value in the field will change.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: h_s_walker

I understand that, but how do you create the field that I 'would' need to Regen

Message 6 of 8
pendean

You don't in the way you want it to work in a dynamic block, if I understood your need exactly: there is a dedicated DYNAMIC BLOCKS forum that probably has a sample o what you want to do or you can repost there, just make the effort to include your actual block in a DWG file (no pretty pictures) if you want to be taken seriously.

Here is the link to that forum https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks-forum/bd-p/154

Good luck.

Message 7 of 8
steven-g

Screenshot (238).pngIt is easiest inside the block editor. Add an attribute to the block and when you get to the 'attribute default' there is the option to insert a field

Screenshot (239).pngIn the field dialogue select block placeholder and then select the rotation parameter, click OK and exit the block editor. Run attsync choosing the block, and then change the rotation and run regen.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Brilliant solution thanks!

SORTED, TYPE: "ANGDIR" ->  How do you get around the issue with it displaying the angle as 270° when it is in fact 90°?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report