Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drops layouts when publishing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
d_badger
220 Views, 2 Replies

Drops layouts when publishing

Running AutoCAD 2023 in Windows 11

When using PUBLISH to create a partial group of pdf layouts, I find that one or more layouts will be indiscriminately dropped from the created list.

I enter paper space in a layout, start PUBLISH, select the layouts to remove, select publish, create a file name, normally I do not save the selected list, then continue.

The layouts are processed into a pdf file, but when I check the file, one or more of the layouts have been eliminated from the group.  Upon repeating the process, I find that quite often a different layout has been eliminated from the group.

The drawing is saved every time before I attempt to publish.  I have checked and double checked my plot config on each layout. If I publish all layouts at once, this does not occur.

I never had this issue when using Windows 10.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?  Were you able to solve it?  I am close to re-installing AutoCAD, but was trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: d_badger

No issues here, but no one in our offices is using Win11.

Do you have background publishing on by chance? Turn that off ASAP. Test again.
Are you using a defined pagesetup from a master file?
Or pagesetups defined in each layout?
Or are you using a PDF override from PUBLISH command's list?
Message 3 of 3
d_badger
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for quick reply.

I turned off "Publish in Background" and attempted to publish, result was no dropped sheets. I did this on several different dwg files, all good result. Hallelujah!

The other suggestions/questions did not affect output (at this time).

I will follow-up if the dropped sheet issue occurs again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators