Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions and annotation scaling

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
481 Views, 11 Replies

Dimensions and annotation scaling

Is there a trick to scaling your dimensions and annotations? My CAD is set up to do this but when I change the annotation scale in the current view from the drop down menu the scales do not change. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you have the variable ANNOALLVISIBLE set to 1?  That should display the changes.

Capture.PNG

You are welcome to attach one of your sample files for me to examine to see if there is anything else to try.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 12
cadffm

Your objects dont have the property to shop up with that (other) scale and your system is set to annoallvisible=1.

Attach the new scale to your objects with command OBJECTSCALE

Sebastian

Message 4 of 12
ara_neresesian

HI

TO ADD AUTOMATICALLY NEW SCALE TO ANNOTATION DIM YOU MUST TURN ON THIS ICON OR TYPE

"ANNOAUTOSCALE" AND THEN 4

Capture.PNG

GOOD LUCK  

AND IF ITS OK

ACCEPET  MY SLOUAOUTION .

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John. ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 1. Attached is a screen shot. You will see the box on the left was set to 1/2" scale (scale not shown), the box on the right was set to 1/4" but the scaling appears the same.

Thanks
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ara_neresesian

Thanks, I have checked this, it is set to 4 but does not work.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks. When I type OBJECTSCALE it asks to "select annotative objects", I am not sure what to select.
Message 8 of 12
pendean

>>>...I am not sure what to select...<<<
Your dimensions and annotations perhaps, the topic of your query?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I did do that, a box pops up and says "no annotative objects in the selection set."

I tried selecting a dimension and an annotation, should I be selecting something else?

Message 10 of 12
cadffm

It sounds your dimensions are not annotative objects

Select dimension
Set annotative property to true/yes/on.. (i dont know the right value word)

Now you can give them scales with command objectscale.

For new dimension set the annotative property in your dimensionstyle..

Please read the help and test also all other commands /variables

For testing&lerning is annoallvisible=0 the best way.

Have fun the next month..

Sebastian

Message 11 of 12
pendean

Are your text styles and dimension styles actually annotative?
Start STYLE and DIMSTYLE command to find out, that's a setting you must activate deliberately, it's not going to ever happen on its own.

Read more about the topic of annotative text in HELP, I'll get you started here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-u...

And here is a quick online video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKJXON8lpo
Message 12 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Can you attach a sample drawing that contains your annotation and dimensions? I happy to take a look at how they have been implemented and will make suggestions on how to make this work properly for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators