Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed lines are not aligning properly

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
antonyavv
1081 Views, 23 Replies

Dashed lines are not aligning properly

My dashed lines are not displaying properly, it seems like they're no longer centered on the line like the were previously and it's causing lines to appear as if they are not meeting in some areas and making lines that don't have the dashes aligned properly.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 114004.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 113814.png

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
hwalker
in reply to: antonyavv

At the command line type PLINEGEN change the value to 0. See the link below

AutoCAD LT 2022 Help | To Work With Linetypes | Autodesk

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 24
pendean

These are not the same for example: is the top one a PLINE in an L shape?

pendean_0-1695052897898.png

Is this one PLINE, and your desire is for it to be two LINEs so they are identical?

pendean_1-1695052981942.png

Not sure how to answer the questions above? Please share your actual DWG file here when you can.

Message 4 of 24
antonyavv
in reply to: pendean

None of the lines in question are p-lines they're all made with the regular line command. As for the second image, yeah I want two identical lines. They should look like I mirrored the line but also have the dashes centered on the line like in the photo I just attached.

Also I don't feel comfortable uploading the full CAD file, this is a work file and I don't think my firm would allow me to upload it. I'll see if the problem persists in a new blank file as well.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 113844.png

Message 5 of 24
pendean

@antonyavv wrote:

...Also I don't feel comfortable uploading the full CAD file, this is a work file and I don't think my firm would allow me to upload it. I'll see if the problem persists in a new blank file as well....

No one here wants your entire project file with client or sensitive information: just that portion that best exhibits the problem. WBLOCK command is one good tool to do that.

You can also use your own file sharing service if you wish (dropbox, onedrive, googledrive) and control how long it stays up and how many times it is downloaded too.

You have and always had total control.

Message 6 of 24
antonyavv
in reply to: hwalker

Unfortunately none of these lines are poly lines so changing the value made no difference
Message 7 of 24
hwalker

What linetype are you using? What is the linetype scale on the lines that don't connect?

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 24
antonyavv
in reply to: pendean

Okay, after a long delay here is a CAD file where I have this issue happening. If you look at the door opening and one of the sets of lines off to the side then you can see the lines don't connect. I also have a screenshot attached in-case this is just some odd visual glitch that only I'm experiencing.

Message 9 of 24
pendean

Thanks for the DWG file @antonyavv 

Change this (applies only to these four)

pendean_0-1695657545194.png

To this (applies to all the others)

pendean_1-1695657595678.png

And you will see the problem you visualize go away

pendean_2-1695657664950.pngpendean_3-1695657686954.png

BTW, this seems to be your current default override for everything you draw

pendean_4-1695657737203.pngpendean_5-1695657771647.png

Message 10 of 24

I have this same issue and would like to know if there is a solution.

I have a new computer and the linetypes are not displaying as they used to an my old computer.

I am using a -..-..- linetype and sometimes the linetype will end at the mid-point of the linetype instead of the endpoint. This means sometime my lines end with what looks like a space rather than a line.

If my colleague opens the drawing on his computer the problem goes away so there is a specific issue with my version of CAD not displaying linetypes correctly.

Thanks in advance

Message 11 of 24

@matt.kirkpatrickMR9LZ wrote:

I have this same issue and would like to know if there is a solution....

Sadly your picture tells us very little about what the issue is nor what your colleague sees to understand what "... problem goes away.." means, can you add more details and screenshots?

Message 12 of 24

Thank you for responding.

Can you see that the line that is selected doesnt go to the end point on the right side.

The line ends at the midpoint of the linetype

Message 13 of 24

@matt.kirkpatrickMR9LZ wrote:

...Can you see that the line that is selected doesnt go to the end point on the right side.

The line ends at the midpoint of the linetype

Forgive me, I am not sure what you are asking.

This is your image

pendean_0-1710441804358.png

This is an image of line with a linetype similar to yours in my files

pendean_1-1710441964758.png

Other than I have no linetype exactly like yours, both appear to be normal LINE objects with a linetype assigned. How does your colleague see it? You forgot to share a screenshot from them.

Message 14 of 24

Your lines finish at your endpoints. My line does not finish at the end point where I have drawn it.

mattkirkpatrickMR9LZ_0-1710492728658.png

I have drawn 3 green lines that have a -..-..- style line type

All lines are drawn to the blue line at the right

The top line looks like I want it to.

The second line is bit longer, it is drawn all the way to the blue line, but but the line doesnt show. The linetype makes end with blank space.

The third line is a bit longer and also drawn all the way to the blue line on the right. The linetype put in a space and a dot.

Message 15 of 24
hwalker

Are they Polylines or actual lines.  If they're polylines. See the link below (specifically "Set the linetype display for new 2D polylines")

AutoCAD LT 2018 Help | To Work With Linetypes | Autodesk

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 16 of 24

They are not polylines

Just lines

Message 17 of 24
hwalker

Can you post one of your affected drawings so we can have a look at all the settings for the lines

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 18 of 24

Ok see attached

I have attached a example drawing and a screenshot of how I see it.

Message 19 of 24
hwalker

Unfortunately I cannot help. I don't know what setting you have which is making your lines not work. The image below is just me opening your drawing in LT2024, as you can see the lines end at your blue line

hwalker_0-1710501700289.png

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 20 of 24

Thank you anyway,

I too have LT2024 and I have only just downloaded it last week. As far as I am aware I havent changed anything in my settings to change how my linetypes work, and they worked normally on my old computer with LT2022.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators