Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Linetype With Single Instance

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MarkWaszkiewicz
432 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Linetype With Single Instance

I am working on creating linetypes that denote whether a line indicates a 2-conductor wire or a 3-conductor wire. These lines are simply to contain either 2 or 3 slashes at some point(s). We've been doing this manually for each line up until this point and I'm seeking a more optimized method.

I created a .lin file that contains such linetypes with these slashes appearing at a variety of intervals along the line. But, to cut down on the visual clutter and to make things simpler for myself and my team, I am hoping that there is a way to create these linetypes in such a way that the instance of the slashes appear only once and at the midpoint of the line. Below is an example of what I currently have. Is there a solution to what I aim to do?

*2WIRE-25-STANDARD, 2 Wire -----|-|-----
A,25,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,s=1],1.125,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,s=1],25

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: MarkWaszkiewicz

@MarkWaszkiewicz wrote:

I am hoping that there is a way to create these linetypes in such a way that the instance of the slashes appear only once and at the midpoint of the line.

Sadly AutocAD Linetype definitions don't work like that, the effect you want is not an option unless these are very short lines that you could code to look like you want, perhaps something like this with all shapes

--\\------------------------

OR

__\\________________

Message 3 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: MarkWaszkiewicz

*STEEL_BEAM1,Steel Beam1 ---- || ---- || ---- || ----
A,12.7,-4,["||",STANDARD,S=3,R=0.0,X=-2.5,Y=-1.5],-4
*STEEL_BEAM2,Steel Beam2 ---- ||| ---- ||| ---- ||| ----
A,12.7,-4,["|||",STANDARD,S=3,R=0.0,X=-2.5,Y=-1.5],-4

They need a bit of work. The text is the vertical pipe found above the backslash. The result is the image below

Capture.PNG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators