Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL-C, CTRL-V Working differently between 2012 and 2019 (base point)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1040 Views, 5 Replies

CTRL-C, CTRL-V Working differently between 2012 and 2019 (base point)

Hi,

I use Autocad primarily for nesting and one of the things that I really rely on is using ctrl-c/x, ctrl-v (paste) to quickly nest pieces on a flat representation. 

I recently upgraded to 2019, but the base point in 2019 on selected shapes has changed from the bottom left "extent" of the lines themselves, to the bottom left extent of the "hidden geometry" of the piece.  It is only a problem with shapes that contain arcs. I have included an irregular piece with an arc as an example.  The second example has the same shape but with the arc extended as a circle to represent the "hidden geometry".  (hopefully, this all makes sense).

I really want to keep using ctrl c, ctrl v as the 2012 behavior is coincidentally very useful for my nesting requirements.

Thanks!2012 example2012 example2019  example2019 example  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, and thank you for posting your question here in the AutoCAD LT forum!

It looks like you may have the SHADEMODE system variable set to something other than 2dWireframe, which can cause this to happen.

Could you enter the SHADEMODE command and change this setting to 2dWireframe?

This might be a new issue here with AutoCAD LT 2019, but I'd like to see if this adjustment works for you while I investigate a bit further.

Let me know if this helps!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Thank You!

Unfortunately after setting the shademode to 2dwireframe the behavior still continues (creates a base point as if the arc is a full circle).

Out of curiosity I also set shademode to 'hidden' and that actually set the base point way out to a point to the right and down slightly (using my example shape). 

Message 4 of 6
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for the additional information. I've tested and confirmed the issue in AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD LT 2019 (the behavior appears to be a bit different in each of these.

I've logged this with the development team and recommended that we address this in an update to the software. They will review the issue now and determine if we can do that.

In the meantime, we recommend using the Copy with Basepoint option to ensure the basepoint is exactly where you need it as you copy/paste objects for now.

I'll return to the thread and post any updates here if I receive any.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks you,

I really appreciate that you've taken the time to confirm this.

Also, while I have had to switch to using the copy/move with base point command, I still would like to stress that the old cut/paste behavior is really time saving for me. 

We nest pieces in high volume here and having a predictable base point, based on the actual line shape, in the bottom left corner works perfectly here, as generally our Home position is in that virtual quadrant.  Using quick extension lines and "spacer blocks" can really make things go a lot faster with that default base point.  Again, we work in high volume here.  It's like playing tetris all day while creating pathing and nesting patterns with set rules for spacing. 

Also, having a default base point closer to the part helps make it easier to create quick organization reference layouts for repeat orders.

Nesting is a different "animal" than other applications for Autocad, and I really would like to see it go back to it's old behavior.

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you this was very helpful

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators