Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a JPEG with Auto CAD 2007 with background in Black

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
609 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a JPEG with Auto CAD 2007 with background in Black

I am trying to create a picture with Auto CAD and have the background in black. It would show up alot better in my presentation if it was black rather than in white. Can someone help me with this.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Lots of free and low cost screen capture programs that will do what you want. i use a freebie called PRINTSCREEN from GADWIN.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Change the background colour in AutoCAD to black?
--
George Drayton CD-CAD Ltd Christchurch New Zealand
Message 4 of 5
heinsite

I don't know if what you need can be done directly with AutoCAD... if possible maybe someone will explain it. But here's what I usually do when I have something like this:

I'll create the drawing with the colors, linetypes, and weights that I want and print the file out as a PDF. Then I open that PDF with Photoshop. Files there come in as single layer transparent files. If I want a colored background I'll simply add a fill layer with the color I want and put the drawing layer on top of it. At that point you can flatten the file and save it out in any format you need... usually either JPG or BMP.

You don't need the full (expensive) version of Photoshop either. Photoshop Elements will work also, as will many other programs that can work with layers. This technique would allow you to put a drawing over a simple black or any colored layer, a textured layer, photo, or just about anything you might think of.

Hope this helps.
------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 5 of 5
heinsite

There actually is a single step method if you have an image file with the color you want already saved somewhere: Simply import it into your drawing file, size it to fit completely under your AutoCAD work, and make sure it's set to plot behind your drawing objects.

This would provide you with output having a colored background... in this case black. But it could be anything.
------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators