Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy to clipboard failed

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
talMZ9JF
417 Views, 14 Replies

copy to clipboard failed

Hello, I have couple of files that when I try to copy with base point I'm getting an error "copy to clipboard failed, also when I do BIND or INSERT to that drawing it is failing..
any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
hwalker
in reply to: talMZ9JF

@talMZ9JF The layers which begin with the number 16 are the problem. Switch those layers off and you will be able to copy with basepoint

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 15
talMZ9JF

Thank you for the replay.
Can you please tell me how did you figure it out and what make those layers making this problem?

Message 4 of 15
hwalker

I don't know why they're causing the problem, but I figured it out by just trying to copy with basepoint a few objects at a time until I got the error message. Then it was just a case of trying to copy the objects individually until I got the error message again. Then I switched off the offending layer and tried again.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 15
cadffm

Whatever the issue is,

copy all objects and delete the old one.

COPY all inplace, erase previous selection, done.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
talMZ9JF
in reply to: cadffm

the thing is that I need to copy it with base point of 0,0,0 so if I copy I need to make sure it is getting back to the right position
Message 7 of 15
hwalker

@talMZ9JF You don't need to use copy with base point in model space. You can use the PASTEORIG  (see the link at the bottom of this post) command which will paste any objects in a new drawing to the same location as they were in the old drawing, but it won't work properly on your drawing, I just tried a normal copy and those layers still mess up a normal copy.

AutoCAD 2022 Help | PASTEORIG (Command) | Autodesk

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 15
cadffm

1. COPYBASE

The issue is not specific to copybase, it is the same for other clipboard action too (COPYCLIP)

2. I didn't talk about copyclip or copybase to fix the issue,  I talked about COPY and ERASE

COPY<enter>

ALL<enter>

<enter>

<enter>

<enter>

ERASE<enter>

P<enter>

<enter>

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
hwalker

@cadffm it doesn't even work with a normal copy. There is something fundamentally wrong with the items on those layers. The blocks won't copy. A polyline on the layer won't copy either.

AutoCAD doesn't even see anything wrong with those layers. I tried an audit on his drawing and it came out fine

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 15
cadffm
in reply to: hwalker

Hi, &thx

i opend the file by RECOVER

run AUDIT yes

copy and delete the original

Same count of objects and working fine

Tested in ACAD2021

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 11 of 15
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

Tested: Also without recover and audit, my copy/erase workflow works on my side

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
pendean

@talMZ9JF wrote:

....I'm getting an error "copy to clipboard failed...any ideas how to fix it?

Autodesk says...

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Copy-to-clip...

and

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Copy-to-clipboard-...

The FILES creator forgot to remove content not found in LT for you at the end of the day:

pendean_0-1720009032860.png

pendean_1-1720009057763.png

pendean_2-1720009080915.png

Stripped DWG files attached: your LT version probably need to be 100% updated and all available object enablers installed too.

Message 13 of 15
hwalker

Fully updated LT doesn't work, just tried on LT2024 and LT2025

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 14 of 15
cadffm
in reply to: hwalker

my workarounds works on fully updated LT2025 as well (on my side), and with an older LT2024.1.2 too.

@talMZ9JF test the workflow and tell us the result on your side

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
talMZ9JF

thanks everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators