Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Past Invalid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
340 Views, 2 Replies

Copy and Past Invalid

In AutoCAD LT 2015, i have a cad drawing that says it is invalid when i try and copy and paste.  Some key information:

1) I can copy and paste fine in some of my other CAD files.

2) I use to be able to copy and paste fine in this particular drawing, but started having this issue a couple of months ago.

3) If I use a coworkers computer, I am able to copy and paste fine in the drawing, using AutoCAD LT 2015.

4) I can paste in text from word and excel, just not from AutoCAD.

5) If I try to copy text from CAD and paste into word, CAD will pop up in the foreground of my screen with a new drawing very briefly, closes, and then displays my original CAD drawing.  In word only a blank pasted outline shows up.  My drawing file history shows a new drawing had opened (i.e. Drawing.dwg) and also shows something that looks like a block was created (i.e. C:\Users\....\A$C2454455)

I have tried a few things so far, including a purge, deleting most of the drawing and all xrefs, and a disk defrag without any success.  Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

CleanUp this (Windows temp) folder and try again.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Didn't work...also tried a disk cleanup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report