Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloured hatch to 2D architectural drawings

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
c.cumbers
492 Views, 5 Replies

Coloured hatch to 2D architectural drawings

Hello. In the past if I wanted to add colour to architectural floor plan drawings I would use the "Dot" hatch and give it a primary colour, the scale of the hatch would vary the intensity of the colour. The way it prints on an inkjet printer is like old newspaper photographs using a series of dots. 

I have decide that the time has come to add colour to my elevational drawings to help differentiate between the materials used. My question is what do people usually use? Solid hatch or dots as described above? I want the colour to be subtle and not overpowering so in the past I have steered away from solid hatch. Any suggestions?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: c.cumbers

You can use a transparency on a solid hatch. See the image below. From left to right it's 0, 25, 50, 75 transparency

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
c.cumbers

Many thanks, I will give it a go!

Message 4 of 6
c.cumbers

It hasn't worked, the hatch even at 90% transparency prints as a solid black area. Maybe this is because I am selecting line weight by colour in my print dialogue menu? I think I will go back to dots at least I can vary the intensity of the hatch.

Message 5 of 6
hwalker

Make sure the area ringed in the image below is checked

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 6
c.cumbers

Yes that now works a treat, many thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators